Choose my Tele neck

Choose my Tele neck

Votes: 9 50.0%

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TBurst Std

Choose my Tele neck:

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Shape=4&Type=1&Path=Tele,Modern&nWood=64&nutWidth=5&backCont=13&i=TN10620#.Wnzjtq6nGCg

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Shape=4&Type=1&Path=Tele,Modern&nWood=64&nutWidth=5&backCont=13&i=tn10770#.Wnzj1K6nGCg

I'm in for the 720, 'cause it's got more grain.

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

I'll say 620 because it looks like it has more even grain aklthough I do like the look of 770 maybe have some input from the coin of decision. The coin said 620.

Voted 620. With strings in place, you'll notice the headstock more and the 620 headstock is more attractive to me. And the fretboard's pretty close to the 770.

I vote for this one, but have them recut the headstock to a Warhead...

vms13585A.jpg

Prettiest Rosewood I've ever seen (and with no markers to boot), over a very fine hunk of curly roasted Maple neck meat. It's delightful. It's delicious. And thanks to the miracle of torrefication, it's de sugar-free. What's not to love?

Guaranteed you'll be the first kid on your block to have one, and you can sneak up on contenders by saying "It's just Rosewood over Maple. Nothing special." When they pass out from shock after seeing it, you can grab their wallets and pay off your credit card.

Cagey said:
I vote for this one, but have them recut the headstock to a Warhead...

vms13585A.jpg

Prettiest Rosewood I've ever seen (and with no markers to boot), over a very fine hunk of curly roasted Maple neck meat. It's delightful. It's delicious. And thanks to the miracle of torrefication, it's de sugar-free. What's not to love?

Guaranteed you'll be the first kid on your block to have one, and you can sneak up on contenders by saying "It's just Rosewood over Maple. Nothing special." When they pass out from shock after seeing it, you can grab their wallets and pay off your credit card.

Will Warmoth re cut the headstock?

Yep. I've had it done probably a half dozen times. Check pricing, though. I think it's gone up.

I voted for 620 because I like the color and grain better.

The one Kevin posted is a really beautiful one. It's a Strat neck so you'd need to cut the neck pocket on the body to fit that. If you haven't ordered the body yet, choose that option. With that pocket, any Warmoth or Fender neck will fit.

I've had headstocks cut to Tele style twice. The last time I did it (a year ago) it was a $60 upcharge. It's worth it to get what you want.

They make a helluva lot more Strat necks than anything else, so the choice is much wider out of the showcase.

Incidentally, Strat necks will fit in Tele pockets just fine. It's the other way around that's problematic.

Cagey said:
Incidentally, Strat necks will fit in Tele pockets just fine. It's the other way around that's problematic.
Yeah, I stated that backwards. My mistake.

I voted for the 770. The grain of it looks more "uniform" and as such I believe it will sound better.

Of course that is something one will never know until it's in place.

I voted 770 as the other one seems to have a blemish on the back of the neck around the 1st fret area.

770 for me, the grain almost makes it look like wenge (at least in the photo). No bad choice here though.

I voted 770 because I like the slightly warmer tone to the color.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what it will look like in person.  Also, the grain on the headstock is fantastic.  Can't go wrong with either, though.

Voted for 620 - I don't care for the almost-digital-look grain of 770.  Yeah, Wenge looks like that sometimes too, and I only sometimes like Wenge.

That neck Kevin posted....  Wowza.  Hard to believe that's Rosewood.

TZ

Well, the voting is split for the most part. So really, either one is going to be dynamite.

No doubt. The differences between the two are marginal. For all intents and purposes, they're the same neck.

I say 770 for the win. Like the color as I tend to feel lighter color necks provide a nice contrast with most bodies. And that neck Cagey posted a picture of is stellar. THAT is a piece of rosewood on front. Yowsa.  :hello2:

Back