Cherry Tele......yeeeeeehaaw

OK, now, let's not get confused...Deliverance was West Virginny, Barney Fife, North Cakilaki.  Look at me, I'm not even from here and I'm defending it.  Oh yeah, been here too long!

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
guitlouie said:
Hey, Mayberry is right here in NC, I've been there, the real name of the town is Mount Airy, and they are DAMN proud of it!  Anyway I'm just busting your balls buddy, the Tele is righteous and I'm sure you will turn it into a work of art, Floyd and all.
:laughing11: that's funny, I hit that one right on....Mayberry...Do they all look like they were in the show....
crackup.gif

Is it gonna be the Barney Fife Tele?  I can hear the theme from Deliverance now...

And what are you going to do for a neck plate?
I was thinking of contacting DangerousR6 and see if he could do me a custom somethin or other.... :laughing7:

And I bet he can make a cool one, too!  :icon_thumright:
I'm sure he will..... :icon_thumright:

I want finished pictures!  :icon_thumright:

:toothy12:

I'm thinking a wenge Jackson neck.  Kingwood fingerboard???

DocNrock said:
I want finished pictures!  :icon_thumright:

Nope, that's giong on the spalted tele. This will have the mahogany/ziricote "W" neck....

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
I want finished pictures!   :icon_thumright:

Nope, that's giong on the spalted tele. This will have the mahogany/ziricote "W" neck....

Got my tele's confused.  This will be cool!  :icon_thumright:

MarPlake said:
Very nice,been wondering about cherry tooo. do let us know how she sounds. :toothy10:
Not sure how it will sound just yet, but i do know it smells like......uhhhhhmmmm.....cherries.... :icon_biggrin:

Pick ups should be here today, but it will still be a bit for I get her all together. Still have to drill a couple holes for the pots and do the final finish...

Probably the one empirical measurement that can be made for any type of wood that would have any direct bearing on tonality; particularly for a Thinline type body/build would be density. Density can vary to some degree between individual pieces of wood from the same species, but the range for Cherry is near identical to Ash.

jackthehack said:
Probably the one empirical measurement that can be made for any type of wood that would have any direct bearing on tonality; particularly for a Thinline type body/build would be density. Density can vary to some degree between individual pieces of wood from the same species, but the range for Cherry is near identical to Ash.
Sweet, it should have some very good tonal qualities then....

She's getting closer to the finish line.....Got Cherry Tele all fitted now, and all body prep done. Filler, sanding sealer, got her all smoothed up and fix 'n' to blast her with some Deft semi gloss..... :hello2:
CherryTele5.jpg

CherryTele4.jpg

Are those Invaders in that? I must say I love the one I went through (minor) hell to get in my parker. Made that guitar a lot heavier sounding and fatter on leads.

that's definitely going to be a unique tele :icon_thumright:

GoDrex said:
Are those Invaders in that? I must say I love the one I went through (minor) hell to get in my parker. Made that guitar a lot heavier sounding and fatter on leads.

that's definitely going to be a unique tele :icon_thumright:
Nope no invaders, Got one in my VW and it's a chunky-monkey for sure.. I got an Dimarzio Evo neck and a Super 3 bridge...
9287_1.JPG

1e00_1.JPG

Looking killer, Doug.  Let me know what you think about the Super duper in the bridge.  I know you're gonna love the Evo neck.

DocNrock said:
Looking killer, Doug.  Let me know what you think about the Super duper in the bridge.  I know you're gonna love the Evo neck.
Sure will, I imagine it will..... :party07:

DocNrock said:
Looks like the Floyd mounted without incident, as well.  :icon_thumright:
Well actually it's just sitting in the pocket.I haven't put the studs in yet, gotta shoot the finish first..... :icon_biggrin:

That will be one ass kicking tele! Can't wait to see the final result.
will the Cherry darken a little bit once it is finished?

Now why is everyone here working multiple projects at the same time.. I am getting confused

Back