Cherry Tele......yeeeeeehaaw

Marko said:
That will be one ass kicking tele! Can't wait to see the final result.
will the Cherry darken a little bit once it is finished?

Now why is everyone here working multiple projects at the same time.. I am getting confused
Thanks Marko, I don't know if the finish will darken it, it shouldn't. But the cherry will naturally darken with age. I've been leaving it in the sunlight to help speed up the aging..

Marko said:
Now why is everyone here working multiple projects at the same time.. I am getting confused
I was just going to do the spalted tele, but I got caught up in the moment and had to get the cherry too.... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Marko said:
I was just going to do the spalted tele, but I got caught up in the moment and had to get the cherry too.... :dontknow:

Gotta strike while the wife will let you.  :toothy12:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Marko said:

Gotta strike while the wife will let you.  :toothy12:
Hell ya....I hit that thing like a cobra......

Here's a pic of the neck so far, not much of a difference for the pics of the day I got it. But it is starting to take on a nice golden sheen, with just a hint of a shine. Got to shoot one maybe two more coats of Deft satin and finish sand with 400 and lightly buff....
CherryTeleneck.jpg

ZGOZZ said:
what is a good SATIN FINISH  for the neck?  Looks nice D
I'm using Deft brand, you can get it at Wal-mart or home depot. It's cheaper at wal-mart...Even though I must say I hate everything about wal-mart..I bought mine at Home depot just for that reason....

DangerousR6 said:
ZGOZZ said:
I'm using Deft brand, you can get it at Wal-mart or home depot. It's cheaper at wal-mart...Even though I must say I hate everything about wal-mart..I bought mine at Home depot just for that reason....

you spraying or painting?

ZGOZZ said:
DangerousR6 said:
ZGOZZ said:

you spraying or painting?
Spraying....

Just started spraying first round of semi-gloss on cherry tele today...Gonna give it about a week to dry, then come back for round 2.... :hello2:

DocNrock said:
Lookin' killer already!   :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:
Well not really, looks kinda funky right now. It's gonna need a few coats then some level sanding and a light buffing....

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
Well not really, looks kinda funky right now. It's gonna need a few coats then some level sanding and a light buffing....

Still looks killer.

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Still looks killer.
Thanks, yes it does...gonna look even more killer when i get to the buffing stage.... :headbang1:

Then I can start on spalty, by then the neck should be being made....

Got one more coat to do on the neck and then it'll be ready for final sanding when dry and a light buff.....

Back