Cheapest P Bass pickups

NonsenseTele

Epic Member
Hello guys!
I've talked with my cousin about build a bass in the cheapest way for her...
Said about woods wouldn't be expensive and could get good stuff, but hardware and pickups can't be get really cheap for a brazilian student girl... So, I would like to know what would you guys suggest for P Bass as pickups, something a little less than "stinks as a dead fish"...

My ideas:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsbasspickups.html

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_pickupseconomy.htm

My idea is build something with nice woods and "solid" construction and cheap hardware and cheapest pickups, this can be changed later...

cheers,
Fernando

If by any chance your interested, i have a P-bass pickup from an old Austin bass that i would sell you for $10 shipped.

line6man said:
If by any chance your interested, i have a P-bass pickup from an old Austin bass that i would sell you for $10 shipped.

$10 shipped... to Brazil?  Wow, you ARE generous!  :eek:

I also have an old PBass pickup set from a Japanese PBass type thing. For Fernando I'd pay to send them to him just to see what he'd do with them  :icon_thumright:

dbw said:
line6man said:

$10 shipped... to Brazil?  Wow, you ARE generous!   :eek:

Brazil?
Nevermind then.
If anyone in the US wants the pickup, $10 shipped...

mayfly said:
I also have an old PBass pickup set from a Japanese PBass type thing. For Fernando I'd pay to send them to him just to see what he'd do with them  :icon_thumright:
If I had a spare I'd do the same thing.  It's such a shame that someone with that much passion has to pay out so much.  :sad:

:laughing7:

Well, it's not sure yet I'll build, she has to figure if she'll efford buying some things as hardware and things alike... But I think this will come alive, but not too soon, as the guitar I'm building for a friend, I've to go São Paulo to work with it and I'm able do to that full day only 2 or 3 days at month, so... probably the bass will be done only in 4 or 5 months... Let's see!

Back