Cheap Wall Hanger

jwl68th

Posted this here because it's not going to be a playable guitar. A friend of mine asked me to turn this Squier Affinity Strat into something to hang in his music room. It was a throw in on a Craigslist trade,cracked neck pocket, bad frets etc.  $20 in paint, a couple hours of labor and some Irish Whiskey and he's got a Jimi Hendrix Monterey Strat to hang up, smash, burn, throw up on etc..  sorry about the cellphone pic.

Attachments

• 0111020945.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 285
It's enamel spray paint for the base coats and plain old Testor's model paints for the rest.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Go to Michael's, get a clock & mount it in the pickguard.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. But, I'm a fool for clocks anyway, so don't pay any attention to me.

if you need tossable hardware i think i have the bridge from my MIM strat (minus trem block) with bent saddles.
i reused the 6 screws, 3 trem screws & trem block with my boogie rail.
my wife cleaned my spare-guitar-parts-area, so i'm not sure where it is at this exact moment, but it must be here.

I appreciate the kind offer AutoBat, but I've got all the hardware, just haven't got around to installing it yet.

you know, I like the idea, I mean if it is a wall hanger why not just put a clock in it
you know so you will be confused

Confucius says man who owns 1 clock always knows the time, man with 2 is never quite sure

Jusatele said:
you know, I like the idea, I mean if it is a wall hanger why not just put a clock in it
you know so you will be confused

Confucius says man who owns 1 clock always knows the time, man with 2 is never quite sure

He also said that a man standing on the toilet is high on pot.  :toothy11:

Back