Cheap no name stuff

I am kinda waffling on this, eggo please, lets not go astray.  For 30 bucks the pick guard/pick up assembly is cheap enough to try and see what it is like.  Also any mods that you might have in the back of you mind you can try if it stinks.  Diode clips for fuzz/distortion, weird wiring for odd pick up combos, hack saw treatments, adding caps to get rid of noise, there is a whole bunch of possibilities.  On the other hand, 30 buck makes me really suspicious about it.  It would sound like a great thing to try if there were finishes or wiring ideas that I wanted to test.  Worst comes to worse take a chisel to it and add a broken humbucker to it.  :icon_smile:  It seems to me it would be fun to have a guitar that had a nice neck to play around with all of the crazier ideas that roll through the noggin late at night.  I say, "More Cowbell," but don't expect that much from the cheap stuff.
Patrick

for 30 bucks its gotta be worth a try, hell, a pick guards costs almost that much, so if its all garbage, you at least end up with a utillity pickguard, something you can use for a experiments, or in a pinch

yeah, i'd do it, try some noise reductions stuff to: double coated wires, and wax, also the guard would make a good wiring jig, and try making pups and hot roding other pups, and just use that as a taste tester. 

get a rothstein setup with all the crap, and learn how to replicate it, so you can get a better idear of weired wirings. this way, you can learn how to wire what ever way you want without those useless settings, and save $100 doing it. other than the initial 100 to get the pre-wired setup.

Back