Chambered Strat Baritone

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
Death by Uberschall said:
TonyW said:
I just realised i dont have 2 shorter neck screws for the tapered heel and Stew Mac is a fortnight away from having some, maybe i should cut down a normal neck screw to size? any ideas would be helpful.

Home Depot or Lowes.  :icon_thumright:

There's nothing magical about the neck screws from a guitar parts shop. I did order mine from Warmoth when I ordered my guitars, but only because of the convenience factor.
I'm not sure they have those stores in Australia..... :dontknow:

Looking good Tony, can't wait to see it done... :icon_thumright:

Yeah, forgot he was from down under.
  :icon_biggrin:

I have been working on other peoples guitars and been away on the road last week and this week again from tomorrow
so i hope to get about it next week and finish it. Just needs to be wired and the neck on and setup
and its good to go. I need it to do some recording next week.

I have a restoration project on the go as well and have been sanding off the old neck, maybe one project at a time would be better  :icon_smile:

So far today i have put the neck on, any tighter it would be water tight.

Drilled out the bottom E Sperzel locker with a 5/64 bit so it will take a .062 Baritone string.
I used a 1/16 drill bit first to take the hole out a bit at a time.

Filed the nut so it fits into the neck and will now string this thing up and do the nut slots.

Hopefully will get the wiring done today as well and a set up and playing by tomorrow.

Just finished this today:

Chambered Baritone strat style
Neck 28 5/8" 12" Radius frets 6150 1/4 sawn Maple
Body" chambered swamp ash
Finish neck and body: Tru Oil
Pickups: Harmonic Design Z90
Tuners Sperzel Lockers.
Wiring: 4 way tele switch, Neck, Bridge, Neck/Bridge Parallel, Neck/Bridge in series
500k Vol, 500k Tone1 self made no load with a .033 POI cap, Tone2 16stage Tonestyler.

I can have the tonestlyer on with the tone pot. Tone pot solo. Tonestyler solo or both out of the circuit.

bari04.jpg

Hi Chris

got some more i just need to upload, i will put them in the completed prjects Strat gallery

cheers
Tony

Back