Chambered picture gave us a pre-spoiler for the potential Satin Option.

Axkoa

I just realised the other day, from the banner for chambered bodies, the chambered f-hole tele that they had there was a satin finished tele. Just wondering if anyone else picked it up.

Chambered.jpg

Actually, I thought they always had done satin bodies. That Soloist of Vikingred's has a satin finished body, and I think he bought that 8-10 months ago. Unless maybe it's a new process?

I didn't make that connection before!

Well I know there's been random satin bodies showing up here and there in the showcase, but i think now the big thing is that it's a standard option in the builder.

Yeah Cagey. I think it was always that you could get a clear satin finish but never a stained/burst/dye etc satin finish.

I reckon the satin bodies in the showcase were sort of test pieces. Probably to see the reaction they would get.

Axkoa said:
Yeah Cagey. I think it was always that you could get a clear satin finish but never a stained/burst/dye etc satin finish.

Ah. That makes sense. His was clear.

Yep, we had been sneaking pictures of satin bodies into various pages of the website for a while, in anticipation of the Satin Option becoming available. I kept waiting and watching for someone here to notice it and say something, but it never happened.

I even mentioned something in a thread last month about the fact that we would be releasing a cool new feature in June, but still no one picked up on it.

I'm really disappointed in you people.

I saw your mention of a new feature and I saw that the bodies suddenly had a "Finish Type"-field with Gloss Finnish filled in on most, but I never made the connection. Which is so obvious now ...  :doh:

Anyhoo, I will now go to the Warmoth page and enter the contest.  :eek:ccasion14:

And then off to see Steve Vai. See yu guys in a couple of hours.  :headbang1:

I asked the same earlier and got a lot of replies here:
http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26574.msg381217#msg381217

Back