Chambered Jazzmaster! Chambered Firebird?!

the7can6pack

Make this happen!

I'm not sure if there's already an option to get it done on a Firebird body... seem to recall seeing one here recently, but I could be wrong.  It happens occasionally.

Either way, I'd love to see a chambering/hollow option on all Warmoth's bodies.  Wishful thinking, I know, but it would be cool as hell!

Chambered FIrebird is available as an option; chambered Jazzmaster is not...
I spoke with W about doing the chambered option on my current Firebird build.
The rep I spoke with sort of discouraged me from it related to causing the build to be neck heavy.
However, not sure why it's offered if this is a problem.
Anyway, it's there to try.  If you do try a chambered Firebird, please post about it.
I would be anxious to hear.
:rock-on:

I don't know, seems hard to believe that even a hollowed out Firebird body would throw off the balance.  It's one of the biggest bodies you can get, and hard to imagine any neck would weigh enough to make a significant difference. 
I'd love to have one, but have steered away from the idea simply because it would be way too heavy.  Knowing I can get a chambered body definitely makes me reconsider the idea.

At least until they do the same with the Jazzmaster bodies.  Then it's ON!

the7can6pack said:
I don't know, seems hard to believe that even a hollowed out Firebird body would throw off the balance.  It's one of the biggest bodies you can get, and hard to imagine any neck would weigh enough to make a significant difference. 

I'm pickin' up what your throwin' down.  Sounds rather odd to me also.  :icon_scratch:
:rock-on:

rockskate4x said:
Every firebird that I've played was neck heavy, but I guess that doesn't bother everybody.

It's true, the way the neck is kinda out farther causes them to DIVE, true that it doesn't bug everyone, but it bugs me to death.

A chambered option would be nice on more of the bass bodies too...

Also, how about the option of f-holes on more of the bodies that are available chambered. OK, an f-hole might look silly on a Firebird but it could look great on a J-bass.

Back