Cat Lovers

PitchShifter said:
I'll come clean - I'm a  cat lover.

Over the last 12 months or so pouring over a number of guitar forums and threads looking for ideas I've noticed a trend.  It seems our feline friends are constantly popping up in pictures of guitars. They're everywhere..In the background, in the foreground, in the guitar case...

So, if anyone has a guitar pic with a special guest appearance,please post them!

I haven't got any of that genre yet myself, but she does like to make her presence felt.

Ella.jpg

This is Iris...

IrisandWarmoth.jpg

I have two cats. A fat orange one, and a skinny grey/black/brown one. I call the fat one "cat", and the skinny one "hey get the fudge off of there!"

My one teacher keeps saying you can skin a cat by the tail or the ears, but I haven't been able to keep them still enough for either. I did, however, trick the skinny cat into laying on my halfstack (cabinet was pointed up), and proceed to blast it to the ceiling. Boy, did the two of us laugh about that one.

Hah - when mine was a kitten she would crawl inside the tuning slot of my Avatar B15 cabinet. Even though she was a tiny kitten, it still didn't look possible. I found out quickly that you can't scare a cat OUT of any enclosed space.  :evil4: Had to take it apart to get her out.

She kept doing it, so I put it up in the back room for about 6 weeks. Next time she saw it, she tried again, and was quite puzzled why her head wouldn't fit. She tried it straight on, sideways, sideways the other way. Quite amusing.

I found out quickly that you can't scare a cat OUT of any enclosed space.

Cats, like just about any animal still close to their jungle programming, always move forwards. It's actually how you trap bears, raccoons etc. - they won't back up. The reason, of course, is that anything scary enough to chase bear/cat/raccoon into an (attempted) hiding spot is still probably out there, so plowing forward turned out to be the "best" direction overall, as a few hundred thousand episodes of Darwinian selection choices worked out. If you want to trap a human (hypothetically) scare them into running first, because once we get up to speed we're moving faster in one direction than our human reasoning can handle, so we become as predictable as a bear. And unless you're specifically trained in avoidance (like real spies and special forces) you're going to negate the advantages that (slow) human reasoning can give you. Or just pay the electric bill dammit, IT'S NOT WORTH IT.... :icon_biggrin:

I don't own a cat.
But in my house there's always a stray cat.
Sometimes their friendly but most of the time they growl at me.
I had a pet cat before, but I can't train her to pee outside.
She always ends up peeing on the couch which leaves an awful smell.
Then  I found a new owner for her.  :glasses9:

Let it never be said that cats are not loyal to their family. Ssanyu sat at the door and meowed for me all night when I was away last week, and now that my lady is out of town he's doing the same thing. And being extremely cuddly at the same time, it's adorable! He also knows the time when I usually get home from work and often greets me at the door. It's amazing how attached one becomes to these little fur balls...

I am giving the living room a new 'do and in the process made some shelf space for Pandit, the Large.

S6300188.jpg

Yes that is a conventional 30" wide shelf, he's just BIG.... when I got him at the Humane Society kittie pound they told me he was nine weeks old and me being wise in the way of cats said "No way! He's about 12 weeks, look at the size of him." A little while later I noticed that when you picked him up by the scruff, it was like a big bag of cat skin with a kitten skeleton flailing away at the bottom.... he can reach up over a 36" high kitchen counter and pull stuff off, without jumping. At 7 years old, he's actually starting to lose some of his 29 lbs. but I have to ask him real, real nicely. :eek: :eek: In contrast to the "normal" 12-pounder Pip:

FINISHINGSTAND015.jpg

I'm pretty glad he likes me.

Whoa, I have a matching set, and I might as well add a few photo opportunities.

5673599015_fd4cdf839b_z.jpg

Brasco and Dazey with Simba's tail

5674169340_d461a1fb79_z.jpg

More Catz Food Pleeze.  I must grow more fur to shed.

5673600009_e5be38cdd7_z.jpg

Star being a sleepyhead.

Our kitten brought 6 lizards into the house in ONE DAY last week!  That's got to be a world record or something.  Of course, once he brought the same lizard in twice, but still, 5 different lizards caught in one day is pretty impressive. 

Also, I have adorable photos of him taking a nap in the bathroom sink.  I'll upload them later when I get a chance.

New addition to the family: meet Sadie!

img0590n.jpg

She's a regular house cat/"various" breed and quite the little ball of energy. Very talkative as well. She and Ssanyu were at each other's throats the first day but now they get along famously (except that he's a lot bigger and can get a bit rough when they play).

img0606g.jpg

Awww torties are cute. I'd say the cutest but it might cost me a couple new scars.

Brisco (10 months old), and Ripley & Mr. Tumnus (brother and sister, just over 5 months old):

6010459504_a30683a05b.jpg

6009908711_4732889ed5.jpg

6009908865_9177ff1d0f.jpg

6009909245_45d7c7372f.jpg

6010459116_3c4cbd8c1e.jpg

6010459034_9710838a93.jpg

6009925309_1b62bf752d.jpg

6009908937_3ce4a9a5fb.jpg

6009909329_16ff3f0a48.jpg

Hehe! No kidding. I've often envied a cat's ability to be comfortable almost no matter what.

Although, I've been known to sleep through jet take-offs and landings. I've even slept in a Detroit jail, which resembles nothing so much as a barely-controlled 24 hour per day riot in a monkey house. When it's time to sleep, it's time to sleep. Thing is, I don't sleep much at all - maybe 4-5 hours a day in total - so it's like my body just goes off-line. I sleep hard. The world can be falling apart around me, but I don't care. It's time to sleep.

I think maybe I learned it from the cats as I was growing up.

I usually wake up with one or two cats asleep against my leg. Why didn't I get one years ago?!

We are officially cat people now...
we adopted cat #3 last week...  this is more like a small horse though..

Nikolai002.jpg

Dad: Look at the camera!
Cat: No! It's not interesting!
Dad: C'mon! Look at the camera!
Cat: Bugger off, you hairless cretin!
Dad: Boy? Grab that cat by the throat and point its head at the camera!
Kid: OK!
Cat: I'll kill you later. You have to sleep sometime.

Back