Caribbean Burst Beauty

Typing a

Flame maple over chambered swamp ash, direct from the showcase.
Caribbean Burst with a Blue dye back.
Natural Masked binding.
Cream pearloid pick guard with the Updown modification (thanks Updown! :eek:ccasion14:)

Dark Indian Rosewood fingerboard over Flame Maple neck
Vintage Modern Truss Rod
Standard Thin, 1 11/16 spread.
Graphtech nut
SS6105 fretwire
No Inlay - side dots only
Clear Satin finish

Kinman Mk-3 pickups with Kinman's K7 harness ( :icon_thumright:)
Sperzel Locking tuners
Wilkinson VS100 trem
Schaller Straplocks
Custom Doug Neckplate
Waterslide decal

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

Great pictures, I noticed things I didn't notice before like how the burst goes close to black in a very fine line next to the binding. And I noticed the updown mod (which I knew nothing about before this) of the pickguard. I love it! And the barrel knobs. Good choice. ( have black barrel knobs on my 7/8 s-type).

Like I said in the other thread, the whole thing just works.

It's actually not the burst going to black. It's the dye of the back that went past the masked binding. It's one of my favorite little features of this guitar.

Thpinna said:
Cream pearloid pick guard with the Updown modification (thanks Updown! :eek:ccasion14:)
No problem at all  :icon_thumright: ..........  can send all donations to ...  :icon_jokercolor:    :laughing7:

Looks great, just shows off the flame top better I think.
Really liking that Blue to clear burst too.

You like those pups ?

Think there aussie made, not to far from me. May have to investigate those.

:kewlpics:  great job !!

Yes, Updown, they're Aussie made, though I have no idea where. They are truly incredible. A friend of mine recommended them if were to want something really special and they don't disappoint. On top of the pups themselves, Kinman's K7 harness uses the third knob as a blend knob for the neck pickup. When I'm in position 5 I can roll in the neck pup to get bridge and neck pups, and in position 4 I can have all three. It's really cool to have 7 distinct tones before even touching the tone knob.

I have never liked the Caribbean Burst, but I'm beginning to reconsider. This strat looks stunning, I really love the masked binding, the fingerboard without inlays, and the custom pickguard is a very nice touch. Also, great choice of pickups! And the decal on the headstock is really classy.

Sharp looking axe you got there. That bright top really screams out to be noticed! Good job!

I've always thought the Caribbean Burst was one of the ugliest colors they have in their line up. I have to change that opinion as of now. This is absolutely fantastic!!! I'm a convert. I don't know if I'm ready to order a Caribbean Burst for my collection just yet, but I've changed my opinion on it.
MULLY

Back