Candy Red Warmoth Jazzmaster

OV7

It took quite a bit of tweaking to get this guitar right!  It was a lot of fun, though.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPVQWgqLUHQ[/youtube]

Cool. Do you have more pictures of the guitar?
And what effects were you using on that pedalboard?

Fantastic! I always like seeing a Jazzmaster with the standard control scheme intact; so often people ditch the upper circuit but it can be so versatile. Yes, more pictures please! What pickups do you have in there?

That sounds great! Nice job, there. Yes, finished pics would be appreciated, too.

Logrinn said:
Cool. Do you have more pictures of the guitar?
And what effects were you using on that pedalboard?

I only have one picture but I will take some more to upload later tonight.  I think I was using a combination of a Box of Rock, a Ghost Echo, and a very subtle setting on a Flashback X4. 

3oweUZ1eUC3kQr776

Those pickups are Rose Picasso humbuckers.  I had to route the body about 1/8" for them to fit properly.  The polepieces stick up a lot!

I'm having trouble posting a picture within the body of the paragraph so I've attached an image.  I will get more tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_4569.JPG
    IMG_4569.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 617
-VB- said:
Fantastic! I always like seeing a Jazzmaster with the standard control scheme intact; so often people ditch the upper circuit but it can be so versatile. Yes, more pictures please! What pickups do you have in there?

I was given the pickups by a friend on offsetguitars.com.  After a while, the assembly split on one of the pickups.  I emailed Ken Rose at Rose Pickups and he fixed them at no cost despite being swamped with orders at the time.  I think I messed up the wiring at some point in the maze as I still get random noises and hums at time.  Sometimes, it is dead quiet, though!  It is so random.

Soundcloud link attached(one take garageband iphone recording warning!):

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/wilsonov7/warmoth-jazzmaster-tones[/soundcloud]

Full length view of the backside of the guitar. 

Attachments

• IMG-1634.JPG
    IMG-1634.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 426
This is a closeup of the Mastery Vibrato tailpiece.  It has super smooth action even when the spring is tightened down pretty hard and it is completely silent when you wiggle notes with it. 

Attachments

• IMG-1624.JPG
    IMG-1624.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 415
This is a closeup of the Rose Picasso humbuckers.  I ordered an alnico 5 for the neck and an alnico 2 for the bridge.  They are pretty low output and have a soft attack and not too spiky highs.  I think if you left the upper circuit out of the wiring, they would be dead quiet.

Attachments

• IMG-1625.JPG
    IMG-1625.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 403
Just like your standard American Jazzmaster, shimming the neck seems to be normal.  I put in a Stew Mac 0.5 degree shim and it leveled out the action across the fretboard. 

Attachments

• IMG-1630.JPG
    IMG-1630.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 434
The funny colored switch tip is one thing I love  I also have to have gold rear ferrules for some reason(none of this one of course).

Attachments

• IMG-1631.JPG
    IMG-1631.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 416
Those Mastery bridges seem to be good replacements for the JM bridges. Looks good.

OV7 said:
Just like your standard American Jazzmaster, shimming the neck seems to be normal.  I put in a Stew Mac 0.5 degree shim and it leveled out the action across the fretboard.
Rgand said:
Those Mastery bridges seem to be good replacements for the JM bridges. Looks good.
Oh yeah, nice Jazzy! And I agree, the Mastery bridge is definitely the way to go, (if you got the scratch, that is). I used one on mine, and it also needed the 0.5 degree shim to get the action set right.

Rgand said:

They really work good, too.  People don't go quite as crazy about the vibrato tailpiece as they do the bridge, but the tailpiece is way smoother than any vintage or modern JM tremolo I've played and the position of the arm is much better.

Back