Can I place a Hipshot Style A on a G4?

jeffjozwiak

Hi,

I'm ordering a G4 bass and I thought I would use a Hipshot Style A bridge. I see in the Body Builder that the bridge selection does not include this bridge. Am I stuck with one of the others?

Jeff

If you get the Gotoh 201 route, there is an A style that fits it.

If you get the Leo Quann Bad Ass III string thru, there is an A style that fits it.  I have this route and bridge on 3 basses.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
If you get the Gotoh 201 route, there is an A style that fits it.

If you get the Leo Quann Bad Ass III string thru, there is an A style that fits it.  I have this route and bridge on 3 basses.

http://www.bestbassgear.com/hipshot-fender-a-style-bass-bridges.htm

This link has a little information. 

The 3-hole mount is string thru.  It's a retrofit for the Fender American Standard and Deluxe series basses.  When ordering from Warmoth, specify the Leo Quann Bad ASS III string thru route for this bridge.  This is the one that I have on 3 Warmoth basses.

The one specified 5 hole mount pattern is top load only, and this route is most common on many basses.  Although labeled 5 hole, it has 3.  The 2nd and 4th are omitted on this design.  Specify Gotoh 201 for this bridge.

Thanks for the info. Sounds good. Surprised the sales person didn't know about this. They made a big deal about routing for it.  So would the .750 or .718 work best for the G4?

Nice bass by the way!

Joz

All mine are .750, as is the ferrule spacing. 

I didn't know either, but what does the Leo Quan Bad Ass III retrofit?  The American Standard bridge.  What does the Hipshot A 3-bolt string thru retrofit?  The American Standard bridge.

Back