Can any of you guys recommend a 3PDT mini switch?

Rick

Epic Member
I've never installed one before and it's going to be going into my new jazzmaster build. (I'm following the instructions given to me by the good Freeway folks, using their 5B5-01 10 way selector switch) The purpose is to split the 3 mini humbuckers and the schematic calls for a 3PDT On/on switch. It has what I'd call nine lugs, in three rows of three. I also noticed in my meager internet sleuthing that there are different shaft lengths. Not sure what shaft length to get with .09 thick pickguard.

I'm going to put it into the output jack hole in the pickguard. (I'm going to put the regular mono output jack on the side.)

Any advice or sourcing info would by much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

PS I know nothing about electronics though I can follow directions when it comes to soldering.

Mr. Mayfly. ... Thanks! That looks about right... at least I know what it should look like ... not that I don't mind ordering from Canada 🇨🇦, but does anyone know a US source?

I haven't purchased anything from this place, but have come really close. They have a nice selection of switches, among other things ...

Also, there is this fantastic place, where I have purchased from ...

I haven't purchased anything from this place, but have come really close. They have a nice selection of switches, among other things ...

Also, there is this fantastic place, where I have purchased from ...
Guitar electronics us great. Used them a few times. They used to be based out of Phoenix AZ and I would stop in on occasion to buy in person but that was 15+ years ago.

According to Freeway I need a 3P-1 model of the 3PDT mini switch. Man, who knew making a guitar took so much planning! Is it better to have a toggle that's .4 inches or .2 inches?
Guitar Electronics was a strike out.

I guess size does matter ... bigger toggle wins ... plus at tubes and more, I can get a wide dress nut and a tip.

Last edited:
"Sturdy, reliable, and fun to click!" ;)

regarding which model, You could make either of those work.

I guess size does matter ... bigger toggle wins ... plus at tubes and more, I can get a wide dress nut and a tip.

Yeah, they seem to carry a lot of cool stuff that's hard to find elsewhere. Especially if you are into oddball knobs, pedal enclosures, DIY types of things. They were one of the only places I could find the engraved Gotoh Tele parts for my last (first Warmoth) build. Well, the neck and control plates anyway. They have the six saddle bridge, but I had to go through The Stratosphere to get an engraved "In-Tune" three saddle bridge.

Anyway ... good luck with that build! Sounds like an interesting one, for sure. Never tried mini hums (or a Jazzmaster, actually) but they are both on my "to do" list.

Last edited:
Back