Burst Progress

I'll quote Tonar from when I asked if he would apply a finish for me:

Tonar8353 said:
dbw said:
Tonar, all your finishes are gorgeous.  Do you live in the states?  Maybe you can nitro my next Warmoth for me??

Thank you so much for you compliment.  If you are serious about me doing a vintage style lacquer finish send me an email and we can discuss price.

I would highly recommend using the Warmoth finishing shop since they are less expensive than me.  Their work is impeccable and would be much more durable than lacquer.  Also, I am backlogged about 5 month at this time and it would be three months from the time I get the piece until you get it back.

Here is the final step before she goes our for a bone nut, fret level and final set up.

First cherry pick a NOS 1963 Cap.
IMG_2412.jpg

Wire her up.
IMG_2416.jpg

Read the pickups.
IMG_2420.jpg

Mark the pickups with the readings.  
IMG_2424.jpg

Put her together and send her out.  The next time you see a picture of this baby it will be in front of a beautiful vintage amp.  This is as light as a feather.  I hope it sounds as good as the sum of it's parts because it has the best there is.
IMG_2426.jpg

That is honestly one of the most stunningly beautiful strats that I've ever seen.

Creepies said:
That is honestly one of the most stunningly beautiful strats that I've ever seen.

+10  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Your finishes are simply jaw dropping! 

Seriously Tonar, this is the Strat I would like to have (only one modification (pickups) and perhaps one that could be nice: completely relic'ed)  :icon_thumright:

Tonar

Excellent work on the Strat.

Darn thing has a finish on it that Fender would be envious of, and the wiring you have put in was done first rate too (probably better organised than what Fender would do  :headbang1:).

When you see it the first time in photos you think, ho hum another Strat. But when you have closer look at the high standard of the finish, and then later on check out what you did with the wiring, you realise a lot of preparation and careful work has gone into getting the instrument to that standard.

Back