Budget sunburst hardtail is done with pics!

tfarny

Master Member
Here she is all done. I can't stop playing her, actually.
Closeout maple neck, SRV 6150. Closeout alder body, standard parts, SD 'california 50's strat set w/ a baseplate on the bridge pup. Standard controls. Homemade nitro yellow-brown burst with clear coat and buffed to matte-like finish with 0000 steel wool.

I actually think this is the best-playing warmoth I've had yet. I managed to get the action and setup just so perfect this time, the nut just right, it sounds great, holds a tune, lightweight. But mainly I like the SRV profile - out of the 5 or so contours I've tried, I'd say it's the best hands down. (thumbs-over?)

The friend who I originally made this for ended up with a pregnant wife and so it's got to go on the market, but dang I don't wanna sell her! Serious offers will be entertained, however. PM if interested.
As usual, I'm having problems uploading to the board - here they are on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tfarny/sets/72157605178544798/show/

Fantastic! you did a great job on the burst! I like the more red-ish black on the edges!

I like the matte look.  And the burst looks good......Great effort, shame it's got to go..... :sad1:

My work blocks flickr.  If it's not too much trouble, can you rehost somewhere else?  Photobucket isn't blocked (go figure).  If not, whatever.  I guess I just won't see your guitar...  :icon_jokercolor:

I love the look!  Very classy and understated. 

Just curious, what denotes "budget" when it comes to a Warmoth build?

Thanks guys. I'll try to post the pics here tonight, I don't have access to my stuff now.
The "budget" aspect is due to the fact that this here Warmoth, all together, cost under $650 to build.
People on here are always talking about how expensive these things are, and this one shows that you can build a nice-looking (I think) and very giggable W for half the price of an Am. Deluxe Strat.
Construction details here: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3588.0

Wow you did good, maybe because I'm in Canada the shipping rates pushed my guitar to the $850 range, but damn well worth it  :headbang: I have played a few $1500 plus american strats and like mine better!

vanhagar said:
Try what again, More US strats  :icon_scratch: or another Warmoth build  :toothy10:

pretty sure he meant he was trying to upload pics to the message board again...

Back