Bridge for P90s

vinirosa

Hi, I would love to custom build a guitar with 2 P90s, mahogany body (no laminate top) and a fixed bridge.

Here is the thing: I like the idea of a Telecaster body but if I choose it, I get no option of a LP style bridge (Tonepros or wraparound) for it. Why is that? P90s will (probably) have better pole piece alignment with a LP style bridge than a tele fixed bridge, don't they? What am I missing?

I can also custom build a Diamondback too but I just prefer the Telecaster body feel.

Thanks!

I just looked and it had a top/stop option.  It cat $10 extra because the have to slightly angle the neck.

Where you choosing a standard tele or a thin line?

I would call them directly. They do have their off-menu bridges and options. If you go with a traditional tune-o-matic or wrapround bridge (and I think Jazzmaster), you usually need an angled (or shimmed) neck pocket, because those bridges sit higher off the body, but Warmoth also offer the recessed TOM option.

Just remember that aligned pole-pieces is a purely visual aesthetic, it doesn't affect tone. And, with P-90's if you get the rear PU aligned, the the front one won't be and vice-versa.

DMRACO said:
I just looked and it had a top/stop option.  It cat $10 extra because the have to slightly angle the neck.

Where you choosing a standard tele or a thin line?

Warmoth

DuckBaloo said:
I would call them directly. They do have their off-menu bridges and options. If you go with a traditional tune-o-matic or wrapround bridge (and I think Jazzmaster), you usually need an angled (or shimmed) neck pocket, because those bridges sit higher off the body, but Warmoth also offer the recessed TOM option.

Just remember that aligned pole-pieces is a purely visual aesthetic, it doesn't affect tone. And, with P-90's if you get the rear PU aligned, the the front one won't be and vice-versa.

Are you sure about the alignment thing? I could put a te fixed bridge then. Which one would you suggest? The narrowest one couldn't be a bad idea, right? The string spread of the Fender flat mount bridge is 54mm and the Tonepros is 52mm. It seems too much, no?

Hmm, I just tried it and I am seeing the "TOM/STP angled pocket available) option available on a p90 tele build... I would't worry too much about string alignment; I would focus on which style of bridge you prefer. I have a tele build that I like a lot with two p90s and Hipshot hardtail bridge.

ragamuffin said:
Hmm, I just tried it and I am seeing the "TOM/STP angled pocket available) option available on a p90 tele build... I would't worry too much about string alignment; I would focus on which style of bridge you prefer. I have a tele build that I like a lot with two p90s and Hipshot hardtail bridge.

Cool, man. Which Hipshot? Hardtail or Fixed Bridge? The hardtail is supposed to be for strats, no? Anyway, good to know. Hipshots seem to be awesome!

vinirosa said:
ragamuffin said:

Cool, man. Which Hipshot? Hardtail or Fixed Bridge? The hardtail is supposed to be for strats, no? Anyway, good to know. Hipshots seem to be awesome!

Mine is actually the "fixed" bridge, though I believe you could use either depending on the look that you prefer.

Back