Braveheart's evil twin

simple

Staff member
OK, this isn't mine. It is my son's first build part. Aparently, it's a hereditary disease.  :laughing7:
0718081350.jpg

0718081349a.jpg

Oh boy thats nice.

It'll be months before i get my body. My relatives skimped out on the Birthday money this year, all i know is that it's a slim chance, but i might Be getting an electric guitar that i know absolutely nothing about, then i'll sell it and buy a body.

I like Chris' Braveheart, but I must say that I like that one better. :icon_thumright:

What kinda wood is it Gregg? :icon_scratch:  And your son has the dreaded G.A.S. disease, you should get ahold of Doc stat for treatment... :icon_biggrin:

Ted said:
9 months  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

:laughing11:

17 years old. He's building it for his required high school senior project.

DangerousR6 said:
I like Chris' Braveheart, but I must say that I like that one better. :icon_thumright:

What kinda wood is it Gregg? :icon_scratch:   And your son has the dreaded G.A.S. disease, you should get ahold of Doc stat for treatment... :icon_biggrin:
It's Mahogany on Mahogany. Chambered. He's having a neck made; Warmoth head, Rosewood with an Ebony fingerboard, Trapezoid Inlay and an Ebony Peghead Veneer. All chrome hardware.

A friend of mine made his own guitar for his senior project, too.
I may follow suit. Maybe it will get some help from my parents to fund a third warmoth (I hope to have my second done by then)

know what i'm gonna do for my senior project, i'll order a routed body blank and carve out a nice shape. then order a neck with a paddle head that so i can carve it out too.

Or, Wana, you can first try to get something gorgeous out of the showcase and try to get your parents to pay for it. I mean, they know how fun important guitars education are is.

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
know what i'm gonna do for my senior project, i'll order a routed body blank and carve out a nice shape. then order a neck with a paddle head that so i can carve it out too.
I made a bass for my senior project in woodshop. I made the body from scratch, and the neck was a transplant from a guitar that was given to me, and I just reshaped the headstock. It's the black one with the white stripes on the right
guitars.jpg

MicahC said:
What is that called and how do I order it?!
Good question. Warmoth will likely not offer that finish in the future since it is so costly and fraught with peril to do. You can call Warmoth on Monday and see if a rep can run down that information for you though just in case they'll give it another try.

Crushed Steel with a Lip-over I think.

That stinks that they probably won't be doing it any more. There goes my SG for next year... (on my fantasy builds thread is all of the details)
Thinking about it got my heart beating faster. Maybe a psychiatrist...

I can tell you first hand that the pic of Gregg's son's guitar doesn't do justice to how awesome it really looks in person.  It's absolutely stunning.

Back