Brand new Warmoth body: The Dinkycaster!!

...but we have several other things to launch before then that should make a lot of people happy.

giphy.webp

Without knowing how it compares size wise and side by side ... looks like it's a blend of a strat, jazzmaster and a soloist. So headstock choices? ... strat, or the prs strat style which is like the warmoth, and the warhead goes with everything.

@aarontunes I see a change in the builder, but not yet for the controls.

When selecting rear rout, there are no pickup options now, only Multi Pickup Top Rout, with please select or Universal Dinkycaster, which none are likely to want if doing a rear rout.

When I refreshed, and went through the builder a couple more times I did not see it again, so perhaps someone was working in the background. But currently I see no change to the controls.

1726814296040.png

@aarontunes I see a change in the builder, but not yet for the controls.

When selecting rear rout, there are no pickup options now, only Multi Pickup Top Rout, with please select or Universal Dinkycaster, which none are likely to want if doing a rear rout.

When I refreshed, and went through the builder a couple more times I did not see it again, so perhaps someone was working in the background. But currently I see no change to the controls.

View attachment 62895

You probably need to clear your browser cache.

It's working correctly on every machine I try it on:

dinki.jpg

Are the pickguard options based on what fits in the universal rout? I’d love to be able to option Tele neck, Tele Bridge, and Strat (straight) in the bridge for that Jaguar config

Are the pickguard options based on what fits in the universal rout? I’d love to be able to option Tele neck, Tele Bridge, and Strat (straight) in the bridge for that Jaguar config

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but I'll give it a shot: The only top rout option on this body is Universal, and the pickguard only comes with the options that are currently available in the builder. I don't think we have ever had any pickguard that you could put a Tele bridge pickup in.

If you want a Tele pickup in the bridge you would have to order a rear-rout.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but I'll give it a shot: The only top rout option on this body is Universal, and the pickguard only comes with the options that are currently available in the builder. I don't think we have ever had any pickguard that you could put a Tele bridge pickup in.

If you want a Tele pickup in the bridge you would have to order a rear-rout.
Oh, you’re right. I thought the Strat / Hybrid Tele guards had that option.

I was talking about the pickguard configuration, but yeah… I was mistaken in thinking you already had those options.

The rear-routed body looks like a more appealing option to me. The universal route is never something I would choose to buy. Specifically, this design has a large cut-out on the lower bout, and it looks "skinny" considering the amount of wood that is removed for the universal route AND the two unnecessarily large slots cut along the grain of the wood. Just my opinion obviously! I realise Warmoth already has a video demonstrating the difference in tone between their universal route and the Leo Fender style strat route.

The rear-routed body looks like a more appealing option to me. The universal route is never something I would choose to buy. Specifically, this design has a large cut-out on the lower bout, and it looks "skinny" considering the amount of wood that is removed for the universal route AND the two unnecessarily large slots cut along the grain of the wood. Just my opinion obviously! I realise Warmoth already has a video demonstrating the difference in tone between their universal route and the Leo Fender style strat route.
There is no difference in tone, and nothing wrong with the universal route. It's also practical. However I do wish Warmoth would not route the trenches so deep. It's totally unnecessary, and there is no reason to install long-legged pickups in a flat-top guitar.

First off, I love it.
Secondly . . . it is so similar to the Fender 66 that it's surprising and disappointing it doesn't have a jazzmaster trem route as an option. should fit, barely, I think
*edit* oops. the Sixty-Six didn't have a jazzmaster trem. But I wish this did!

Oh, you’re right. I thought the Strat / Hybrid Tele guards had that option.

I was talking about the pickguard configuration, but yeah… I was mistaken in thinking you already had those options.
It’s basically all the Strat options with new locations for knobs and switch. Rear route offers alternate positions as well. Perhaps new styles will come in the future. When I drew up the PG, I originally tried to use the mustang plate to make it look more like a bass. 👍😎

Back