Boredom

Mor Paul

Epic Member
So, do you folks have anything you do when you're bored other than play guitar or be productive?

I've done this a lot..
billcrane1.jpg

Here's a closer pic
billcrane2.jpg

Mr. Bill!  Ohhhh noooo!

If I'm bored I paint watercolors, read lots of useless info on the web, or watch dvds.  Or sometimes I read whatever book I'm into at the time.  Or sometimes I drive to the nearest guitar shop and play instruments I would never buy.  Comic books are good too.  I got the new issue of Conan today... I should go read that. 

I had a feeling you'd be one of the first to respond :p

Here's two older ones:
billcrane3.jpg

billcrane5.jpg

That bottom one was my third try at tiny cranes, and my smallest yet, I think. It took about half an hour, and I'm much quicker now.

Max said:
I had a feeling you'd be one of the first to respond :p

Here's two older ones:
billcrane3.jpg

billcrane5.jpg

That bottom one was my third try at tiny cranes, and my smallest yet, I think. It took about half an hour, and I'm much quicker now.

I'm amazed you can balance those little cranes on yer skittles. 

I have a student at the high school who made a dress out of flattened paper cranes.  It was crazy, it took like 3 weeks to make all the cranes. 

You're going to scratch your Who record, put that thing in a sleeve where it belongs.  Oh, wait greatest hits?  nevermind, I hate greatest hits records.  Oh, and yes, that is bored.  I read a lot, too, but with two kids I hardly remember what being bored is like.  Enjoy it, man, it won't last.  I also like to study up on the history of things that interest me, number one being Rock and Roll music, but I notice that you are already have something of a handle on that past time.  If you can, go to some used bookstores and look in their music section, it can be quite enlightening, and it combines two boredom fighting tactics into one-reading, and learning about cool stuff.  That is some cool paper folding, though.  My older son and I enjoy making really overcomplicated paper airplanes, lots of good books abot that too!  Books and records, that's the  gist of it, Max.

I ride my motorbike (ha ha city people!) or I play my crappy PS2 or re-arrange my bedroom. I sleep. Read. Watch TV. Use computer. Talk to friends on MSN ( Max, be online more, my friends aren't all that interesting! ). Search ebay for stuff I really Really want. Troll around warmoth.com and find the most awesomest bass that I, nor anyone I know could afford. Play Pool. listen to music. Write music. Re-set tuners and fine tuners on my guitar. Draw.

Thats about it, I can't think anymore.

Wow Max - that's pretty cool!

With one 2 year old, another on the way, a full time job and a part time band - I don't have time to be bored!  I honestly don't know how I managed to build my Teles.

I'm on a ton of the time, Connor, but you're about half a day off. I've got school. Well, I'm sick today. Never seen mucus in my vomit before... Oh, well. Beats last year, when the mucus was all in my lungs.

Record collecting is another fun hobby for me.

I'm bored from 8 to 5 every week day, with a small break at 1 to 2 for food times. For my boredum I'm supposed to be selling software, but I usually just cruise the boards here..

Weekends I'm either jamming with Marko, or teaching my boss to play the bass.  :eek:ccasion14:

I person that really loves guitar,should NEVER be bored.The great guitar players practice hours on end and always find ways to keep them selfs occupied with learning and getting better.NOW GO PLAY YOUR GUITAR AND GET OFF THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!

sbk12 said:
I person that really loves guitar,should NEVER be bored.The great guitar players practice hours on end and always find ways to keep them selfs occupied with learning and getting better.NOW GO PLAY YOUR GUITAR AND GET OFF THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!
My guitar is not with me at school.

we are killing boredom right now, a msn chat with Me, Marko, Max, and Fernando.. its all tele's, wood.. soloists.. gotta love it  :headbang:

Max said:
I am at home, but I've got schoolwork to do. A report on Things Fall Apart.

Wait a minute...You just told me you were at school  two posts ago..Which is it now???

Back