Body of Mystery contest winning VIP

That's a cool part to go with the body. On some guitars a matching headstock just sets it off.

Cagey said:
That's a really sharp part!

The number stamped in the heel is a production tracking number. Means nothing outside of it's trip through Warmoth's shop; there's no date or sequence number or anything encoded into it.

You will see a nut width number written on the heel, and an indicator of the radius the fretboard is milled to. Also, if it's satin-finished, they'll put a red dot on the heel, and they'll hand-write the fret size installed, if any.

Yea, I've always been sort of able to figure out what all the heel markings mean.  Here is what the heel of this Warhead neck looks like:
24936680081_e0a317d096_c.jpg

Can't wait to see it come together! That is a beautiful body and neck.

As for String trees, may I suggest picking up one or two...then if you happen to need them you'll have them on hand. I wouldn't put one on until you have a chance to play around with it to see if it's needed.

GearBoxTy said:
Yea, I've always been sort of able to figure out what all the heel markings mean.  Here is what the heel of this Warhead neck looks like:
24936680081_e0a317d096_c.jpg

Another data point for all you heel-marking buffs:

About a year ago I made new brands for the heels. It took a while to get them implemented into production, but I think they are in use now. This neck is the first one I've seen with the new heel brand. It's got the newer turtle instead of the older one.

Just FYI.

double A said:
About a year ago I made new brands for the heels. It took a while to get them implemented into production, but I think they are in use now. This neck is the first one I've seen with the new heel brand. It's got the newer turtle instead of the older one.
Cool! Both the ones I received this year have the older turtle on 'em (showcase items)
ST = Slim Taper on the rosewood neck.
What's the BC & WT after the fret size? Such as 6100BC, 6150WT

SVrgd6n.jpg
2XePWSx.jpg

AutoBat said:
Cool! Both the ones I received this year have the older turtle on 'em (showcase items)
ST = Slim Taper on the rosewood neck.
What's the BC & WT after the fret size? Such as 6100BC, 6150WT

BC is Black Corian and WT is White TUSQ (in reference to the nut installed, if any)  :icon_thumright:

I started a "Warmoth Heel Markings" thread in Neck Woods to take the stamp/markings discussion to a broader audience and keep this about the Body of Mystery out of box experience:

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26272.0

Takings rgand's advice, I decided on some HipShot Classic staggered tuners in black.  I could have ordered them directly from HipShot for something like $85, or Amazon in the $60 range but they didn't have any available.  I turned to Reverb after a Google search and found exactly what I wanted for $55.95 from a vendor named SportHiTech!  They fulfilled and shipped the order within an hour of me placing the order!

They showed up March 4, 2016 and here's what they look like...

The Box:
24982874294_b7d6665c96_c.jpg

The Tuners, each in a slot labeled by height in millimeters:
24986663393_ee5fdbd64f_c.jpg

I want to use the FU-Tone PMS Pickup Mounting System for the pickups because I don't want to use pickup mounting rings but the body was already routed for ring mounting.

The FU-Tone.com PMS Pickup Mounting Systems:
20865010981_ef9c990ae5_c.jpg

However, the base plate legs are long on both the old Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom and the brand new Seymour Duncan SH-1n '59 neck. But the PMS wants short base plate legs.  Instead of buying two more pickups, I am able to send both pickups back to Seymour Duncan and have the base plates replaced and each pickup re-potted for $60!  So, they are headed back to Duncan now.

I sent my old Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom and new Seymour Duncan SH-1n '59 pickups with long legged base plates to the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop so they could get short legged base plates and re-potted.  They showed up today (3/29/2016)!

A Seymour Duncan box!
26031351112_f93c35387c_c.jpg

Cool Seymour Duncan Custom Shop box:
25851006300_6b84907dd6_c.jpg

And there they are!  The Custom Custom is the scratched up old one (it used to be in my Strat):
26097931906_0e8a534162_c.jpg

I still need to get a few parts but we're getting close guys!

The final goodies arrived today!

Thanks, Doug!

He even sent back the original control plate!  :headbang1:

26716695521_e83dc4382e_c.jpg

This will be my last post in this thread, the rest will be in my "work in progress" post

Back