body arrived in germany

lunkenhunk

Hey guys,

here 2 bad isight pix from my new tele thinline project - first warmoth build...sanded to 600  :glasses9:

body will be oil/wax finished - neck I will order later...electronics SD P-Rails with parallel/seriell switch...

more pix coming soon

Special Thanks to Eric Wylie from warmoth, who helped me a lot ordering from germany. Very fast shipping. Thanks to all warmoth guys for the great support...

:rock-on:

That thing looks like it means business.

And tapping P-rails is when you isolate each coil (one for P-90 sound, one for the rail, both for the humbucker)

for sure I will tap those p-rails - with 2 push/pull Potis and 3-way switch - I think the best wiring - you will get all these great sounds...

For the neck I will get a thin maple neck with stainless steel fretwire - its comfortable to play for me - and I dont wanna destroy the wood-look. locking tuners and earvana nut...

You might as well chuck that book on low fat you have in the background because when you're finished, that tele will sound fat and sweet.  :) Nice guitar.

:glasses9:

hehe - thats the book of my girlfriend - you're right - if I will finish my 1st project I'm going to write the "Big fat thinline bible"  :party07:

Today I finished the oil/wax procedure - not as good as tru oil finishing, but damn good for me - simply but effective for that beautiful wood. Also the mahogany without seal filler works fine and shiny...

here the pix - sorry for bad quality - if I will finish, then you folks see big pix from that beauty  :)

lunkenhunk said:
:glasses9:
Today I finished the oil/wax procedure - not as good as tru oil finishing, but damn good for me - simply but effective for that beautiful wood. Also the mahogany without seal filler works fine and shiny...

what kind of oil/wax set did you use? The one from Rockinger, by chance? (seeing you're from Germany, as I am too)
I recently used the oil/wax set from them on my Jbass and was very pleased with it.

yes its that from rockinger - for first experiences I thing that stuff worked very well - but I watered the body 4 times and sanded it down to 600 - final sanding with sand-fleece 1500 - worked very well - especially for the contours. maybe if I become a wood-worker I would like to try tru oil on the next project...maybe an LPS Body  :cool01:

Back