Blackstar HT Club 40

Superbeast520

Im seriously considering getting the Blackstar HT Club 40, love to get some feedback and opinions on this amp.

I have rulled out the Egnator rebel 20 and 30, the Peavy Delta blues 15 and the Fender Hot rod deluxe amps in favor of the Blackstar HT Club 40, I have listened to the amps mentioned and I thought the Blackstar sounded richer and larger in comparison.

Any points of view on any of these or some that I havnt mentioned would be much appreciated. Im looking at 40 watts or less (as long as I can jam with a bass and drummer) and want tube only. Thanks.  :icon_smile:

had a Blackstar HT-5 combo amp and loved it to bits. The sound was awesome coming out of a small box @ 5 watts. ISF feature adds a nice touch although I think I left mine mostly halfway! but what impressed me most was the emulated speaker output feature. for direct recording, i felt it couldn't be beat. that said, i sold it and got me the HT-20 head! heh.

Superbeast520 said:
Im seriously considering getting the Blackstar HT Club 40, love to get some feedback and opinions on this amp.

I have rulled out the Egnator rebel 20 and 30, the Peavy Delta blues 15 and the Fender Hot rod deluxe amps in favor of the Blackstar HT Club 40, I have listened to the amps mentioned and I thought the Blackstar sounded richer and larger in comparison.

Any points of view on any of these or some that I havnt mentioned would be much appreciated. Im looking at 40 watts or less (as long as I can jam with a bass and drummer) and want tube only. Thanks.  :icon_smile:

you and me both man, ive been waiting on some college money appearing which has left me with lots and lots of time to consider different amps, ive never played one yet but in dying to get my hands on one. But yeah the egnator had the best clean sound out of the amps your mentioned and i have tried that one like. I couldnt crank it being a shop and all but im sure the distortion would have been good. But the clean was alot more 80's (being thats what i look for most in regards to sound) so huey lewis and all kinds of straty clean sounding stuff would have sounded bitchin with the egg, but from all the demos i've watched the ht series just sounds phenominal.

And ive said it many times before i always go for versatility over anything else and i think blackstar have it covered. i can record with direct outs, i can have a nice eric johnson british sound or nice dream theater hi gain slaughter and i can also change the output level so i can still practice in my bedroom with the tubes frying and brakin up. i think it sounds amazing on a paper, i'll have to get my hands on one to see if it sounds as good as it sounds....if you get me.

I have found (you tube) to be the best place to get tons of gear demos and hear things in all kinds of different settings and types of music.....obviously playing it first hand is best but for the next best thing you tube cannot be beat....there has not been a single piece of gear in any of the mainstream music catalogues that I have not been able to listen to multiple demos and recordings and learn about all the facts and then some yet. Highly recomended...

I also think Blackstar has em all beat as far as the quality and freshness of its sound, I love Fender the most for that clean Fender tone, obviously it can't be beat, but for sheer versatility and Balls the Blackstar dosnt seem to have any close competiters when I did all the A/B sound demos my ears could take in a week of Amp research online...at least not for my needs.

I know the Old Schoolers will think online sound demo is not the way to go, but seriously with the quality of sound and technology these days one dosn't have to be standing next to the amp to get a solid Idea if it compares to the next one in that price range for the application your looking for. Especially when you can listen to about 30 or more different demos on any given piece of gear, you pretty much know what your gonna get out of it after that kind of research.

Unless of course your not sure what it is your looking for and want to be convinced on the fly, but most people already know what they want in an amp, and what they are going to really be playing on it, as opposed to just putting a dream amp wish list together and expecting the Bee's Knees from an amp that cost less than 3 grand, which even then you dont get all you really want without effects.

Back