Black LP Build

Juanito Burrito said:
We have a sweet LP body on the Showcase right now, check it out:

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=lpcp198&Body=2&Path=Body

Picture this baby with black hardware, and a set of EMG's.  Considering that having the same body spec'd and built would cost $695, this one is a smokin' deal.  Frankly, I'm surprised that someone hasn't jumped on it already.

Man, I would totally turn that into some sort of Buckethead tribute...

John, gotta tell you, that's one sweet ride!!! I'm not much of a binding guy, and that guitar is a fine example of why. Clean and mean. Love the neck without markers and how the chrome peices work with that black gloss body!!   :headbang1:

Gotta ask, why the straight cut radius instead of the compound radius?

And damn, you would have to go and post that white LP body with a referrence to all black hardware!!! Same idea I had for that Tele build, well at first anyway.  :icon_biggrin:

I like the posting of the build pics as it went along. I think that would be a great idea for all custom Warmoth purchases!! You can start with my carved top soloist and tele you guys are building for me right now!!!   :hello2:

D,

I went with the straight 12" to match the Tune-o bridge.  I have a compound radius neck on my Tele.  My Strat is a straight 9.5".

Just file them down.  Most of them are brass so they file easy enough.  Plus they're cheap ($5 for 6) to get replacements if you mess one up.

I have a gotoh tom bridge and I can't figure out how to change the saddles - I can't get the screw out. :icon_scratch:

GoDrex said:
I have a gotoh tom bridge and I can't figure out how to change the saddles - I can't get the screw out. :icon_scratch:

Righty tighty, lefty loosy.

dbw said:
GoDrex said:

Righty tighty, lefty loosy.

uh yeah thanks smarty pants. :laughing7: On my bridge the screw just stops when it gets to the end. There's a nut on the outside that just turns and turns and it seems like it's a part of the screw - so as far as I can tell it doesn't come off. I don't want to screw it up trying to get it off.

You need to hold the nut with a nut driver to remove the screw and get the saddle out.  Some people flip the bass saddles around backward to help with intonation.

Back