Black Korina/Wenge VIP

I have to agree.. except for the damage to my neck, it is an amazing sounding guitar!
I actualy think that Jack's and my VIP probably sound very similar! the only difference is the bridge and the wenge instead of rosewood neck.
The RG TX/BBQ is a fantastic set!!

jackthehack said:
Finally.... All finished up and submitted for you viewing pleasure....

Neck is a Warmoth 10/16 radius with graphite nut, jet black ebony fret board on wenge neck, 61GD gold fret wire, custom diamond inlays and Planet Waves aut0-trim tuners. Didn't put the stock truss rod cover on as I'm going to order something custom.

Body is hollow chambered Black Korina with a Warmoth Transparent Amber finish and natural edge binding, gold and black hardware, Wilkinson bridge, Gibson gold speed knobs

Electronics are a Rio Grande gold TX BBQ set, wired stock with 3-way switch, 500K CTS pots and an orange drop .047 capacitor.

Now to get back to finishing on the Thinline Special build.... Sound clips to follow, new flooring in and should get the studio up and running later this week, the thang is bad ass & nationwide....

Where you lookin' for your custom truss rod cover?  In my limited searches, I've come across 2 different sites that do custom inlay work.  Mine is from Mosby.  BTW, that axe is simply amazing-gorgeous.

http://www.sharkinlay.com/
http://www.mosbyguitars.com/trc.html

Headstock.jpg

KVIP5.jpg

KVIP2.jpg

KVIP1.jpg

KVIP3.jpg

KVIP4.jpg

Kataar said:
naw, i dont think so. My ibanez has a recessed trem plate.

mine too, but there might be a clearence problem on the warmoth with some trems. the SA i have is very thin, the spring block is small and made for such a guitar. doing a recessed cover might mean a thicker boby for warmoth to ensure compatability withy aftermarket trems and that is a big thing to change. there ofcoarse is no reason you can't DIY but i prefer no cover at all. shows off all the high quality hardware.

Jack sweet guitar. i'll need to do one some day. but not before i do a 7/8 strat.

DiMitriR33 said:
mine too, but there might be a clearence problem on the warmoth with some trems.

true... that might be the case then  :icon_thumright:

DiMitriR33 said:
there ofcoarse is no reason you can't DIY but i prefer no cover at all. shows off all the high quality hardware.

hey man, its the same for me :D I took off the trem covers on both my guitars. I prefer it cause i can mess with adjustments sooo much faster. and i get to plink on the springs if i want to  :icon_biggrin:

Wow!!!!  Just finishing up my first warmoth strat, and then you gotta go show me this shit !!!!!!!  Awesome guitar man .

I LOVE the hardware, but one thing the guitar tech whose putting my guitar together noticed mine had gold hardware and said that i need to keep it clean or the salt from my sweat will corrode the plating have you had any problems with that?

-FenderMan- said:
I LOVE the hardware, but one thing the guitar tech whose putting my guitar together noticed mine had gold hardware and said that i need to keep it clean or the salt from my sweat will corrode the plating have you had any problems with that?

Nope.

good cause i have like $300 dollars invested in my strat's hardware (being put together now :eek:ccasion14:) and i'd hate to see it get screwed up in like a month.

Back