Black Korina T-Bird

bigstewright

hi all here's my finishd bass. (kept simple for a first timer) it has a 1 pieces Black Korina Body with a single battery rout, EMG 35 TW and MM TW with a badass bass 2, a wenge neck with a zircote fret board and hipshot ultra lites.

it has a great tone and even better sustain (went to make a brew and it was still ringing when i got back) :laughing7:
the neck is awsome, very slick, if i'm allowed to build another i would definitely have wenge again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,317
  • 2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 800
  • 3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 820
Nice bass!  :cool01:

Gregg: Warmoth still does the Firebird/Thunderbird headstock as custom request?

Nice bass!
NonsenseTele said:
Nice bass!  :cool01:

Gregg: Warmoth still does the Firebird/Thunderbird headstock as custom request?
We did them by hand in a custom batch and they took a long time to sell. I'm thinking it will be a while before we do another batch IF we ever do them again.

hey nonsense and CD, thanks, you should see this without the dodgy camera phone pics!! i'm well happy with the results. next thing now is to screw in some strap buttons :-\ (damn practicality over aesthetics)

Cool. I love the thunderbird shape. If I ever bought another bass (or built one) it would be a thunderbird. :party07:

Where are you going to put the strap button near the neck?

A reverse Warmoth-style headstock might look pretty cool on a T-Bird. At least, everything would be slanting in the same direction.

CD said:
Where are you going to put the strap button near the neck?

when i'm brave enough to start drilling into the finish again i'll be putting one button on the bottom central to the bridge, and the other over the neck plate on the back. it seems a shame to put them on but i suppose ot needs to be done. i've been lucky enough to get away with playing it sat down so far.

RLW said:
A reverse Warmoth-style headstock might look pretty cool on a T-Bird. At least, everything would be slanting in the same direction.

i think that would look pretty cool too. we'll have to get onto warmoth :laughing7:

Hi there,

I was wondering if you put the strap buttons on your thunderbird yet.  I'm considering building one and I'd like your opinion on how it hangs, especially with the warmoth style headstock.

Back