Black Korina Mooncaster

dodecahedron

Always wanted a Starcaster, so for my first time trying this I went with Mooncaster :)

I love the way the finish came out (tobacco burst satin).

Trying to decide if I should add an es-335 style pickguard?

Attachments

• IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 431
  • IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 293
Very nice body! What pickups are those? Lollar Mini Broiler and hum-sized CC? If so very interesting choices!

ragamuffin said:
Very nice body! What pickups are those? Lollar Mini Broiler and hum-sized CC? If so very interesting choices!

Wow @ragamuffin you have a seriously good eye for pickups -- that is bang on the money. Jangle down, jazzy up.

I like how they both sound individually but have zero idea how they will sound together, hopefully interesting!

Haha yeah I've spent way to much time looking at/scouting out pickups  :icon_biggrin:

I haven't played either of those but they both sound like they'd be right up my alley

dodecahedron said:
Trying to decide if I should add an es-335 style pickguard?

No, this guitar wants you to play it to death ala Willie Nelson's trigger.

WOW that is absolutely perfect. The stripes in the top are awesome. what a great build.

Heck no to a pickguard!

Thanks! It seems like no is the clear answer on pickguards. I was worried about wearing down or scratching the finish but clearly the answer is that I need to play it a ton and wear it down in an aesthetically pleasing manner. :)

That is a beautiful instrument!

Warmoth's finishes are remarkably durable - if you're not a violent player I'd skip the pickguard. Top's too pretty to cover up  :icon_biggrin:

J-Bones said:
SeaGroomer said:
I love those knobs, where did you get them? I have somewhat similar ones on my mooncaster but I think I kind of like yours better.

https://i.imgur.com/02eu9qs.jpeg

Looks like the Ivoroid version of these:
https://warmoth.com/index.php/hardware/parts/knobs/bonnet-knob

Yup, sure is.

@SeaGroomer
I like the vibe of your mooncaster too, the green quilting plus the black binding is slick. It's amazing to me how different two builds of ostensible the same model can be.

Love that look.  It's like the old fenders where they injected the trees with dye.  Really beautiful.

Back