Black HH Tele with Jazzmaster neck

OV7

This is my Tele/Jazzmaster HH.  It is swamp ash with Dimarzio pickups.  The neck is a Warmoth Jazzmaster with a boatneck profile and 1 5/8" nut width.  It is kind of plain other than the pickguard:)

Attachments

• IMG-1774.JPG
    IMG-1774.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 697
front of the body

Attachments

• IMG-1764.JPG
    IMG-1764.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 477
You can kind of see the boatneck profile in this one.

Attachments

• IMG-1768.JPG
    IMG-1768.JPG
    348.6 KB · Views: 434
That looks excellent.  How does it play?  What are switching selections?  :glasses9:

Never seen that pickguard with black body combination, but I'm totally sold on it. Really great build!

Rick said:
That looks excellent.  How does it play?  What are switching selections?  :glasses9:

It plays and sounds amazing.  It has 3-way switching.  That is a Dimarzio ‘59 PAF in the neck and a Super Distortion in the bridge.  I bought the loaded body on Reverb.  The previous owner put Emerson wiring in it.  The neck was a custom order from Warmoth that I had on my Jazzmaster that didn’t feel right on that guitar but it worked out perfect on the Tele. 

[youtube]https://youtu.be/LPLOf9pny-s[/youtube]

A short video looping with it. 

exaN said:
Never seen that pickguard with black body combination, but I'm totally sold on it. Really great build!

I have considered getting a 3-play black pickguard with the white in the middle but I like this tortoise guard with the black body.  I'm not usually a tortoise pickguard person.

Good looking Tele ! What took you to decide to use a Jazzmaster neck ? What finish did you use in the neck ?

kilombo said:
Good looking Tele ! What took you to decide to use a Jazzmaster neck ? What finish did you use in the neck ?

I had previously installed this neck on my red Jazzmaster build, but it didn't feel right for some reason.  I replaced it on the Jazzmaster with a standard thin profile neck.  I found this loaded body on Reverb and decided to try the Jazzmaster Boatneck on it and it felt right on the Tele.  It is finished in satin clear. 

BigSteve22 said:
Look'n good!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks.  I haven't changed anything with the guitar.  I'm trying to learn to use a gift I got from my father-in-law from my late wife.  It is a Canon Digital Rebel XT.  It is a little more advanced than I'm used to(meaning I normally just use an iPhone), but the detail on the photos is way better.

Back