Best Paint Sellers

ZackPomerleau

Hello, I want to finish my Guitar in a nitrocellulose standard finish and was wondering the best place to get the paint (Sonic Blue), Grain Filler, and Clear Coat. How much do you think I'll need?

You can order Sonic Blue spray cans from ReRanch.com. Spray can nitro sanding sealer and lacquer and water based grain filers can be ordered from StewMac.com. If you're not too far out into moose country, most Wal-Marts/Ace/True Value hardware stores/WoodCraft stores carry Deft lacquer and sealer locally.

None of the Walmarts/Lowes/Home Depots/etc.  in NC seem to carry Deft lacquer.  I've searched in stores all over the state and can't find it.  Is NC just reflicted in the nitro lacquer selling department or what?

dudesweet157 said:
None of the Walmarts/Lowes/Home Depots/etc.  in NC seem to carry Deft lacquer.  I've searched in stores all over the state and can't find it.  Is NC just reflicted in the nitro lacquer selling department or what?

Did you try Ace/True Value hardware stores? There some special laws in NC about selling huffable paint? If they don't carry it, inside the US you can order Deft sealer or lacquer from Woodcraft, ships UPS Ground only:

http://www.woodcraft.com/search/search.aspx?query=deft+lacquer&keyword=deft_lacquer&refcode=06INGOOG&gclid=CID-09Odi5MCFSgNIgodvViTTw

They have 3 stores in NC, don't know where you are, check the store locator. Lacquer or sealer can be bought in cans from StewMac for twice that price, but it's just re-labeled cans anyway

Hey Dudesweet,  over here in Raleigh I have found the same thing.  I did however find that Klingspors Woodworking Shop carries all the Deft stuff as well as the Mowhawk toners that Jack and -CB- seem to love.  They also had a wide variety of Pure Tung Oil, True-oil, and Danish oil, all of which have been discussed here, and lots of cool sandpapers and tools and whatnot.  Anyway, they have locations in Charlotte, Hickory, and Winston-Salem as well...don't know if any of those are close to you....

TO Jack, yes I've the local few Ace/True Value.

To Guitlouie, I don't live anywhere near one of those locations.  The closest would be Winston, but I'm not driving an hour and a half through Death Valley to buy paint when gas is $3.50+ a gallon.  It'd be cheaper to just order it.

Right on, man, I did not know exactly where you are, so, yeah, ordering it seems to be your best option.

NonsenseTele said:
ZackPomerleau said:
America, Maine.

The Dark Tower is there?  :blob7:
I'm also know as Nonsense Gunslinger for the close friends

So how did you feel about the last book?  I loved the series, and didn't mind the ending, but there was some stuff in that one I didn't really care too much for.  I wont go in to details so as not to spoil anything if you haven't finished the last one yet. 

I read the last book... not the best end, but a Ok one... I would prefer if it have ended with bullets... "you know, it always end with bullets"
I really enjoyed the serie!

Back