Bender for the 8 Ball

Mayfly by VOX said:
ectually, the finish cracked when I removed the ferrules.  Installing them (some 9 months ago) was no problem.  :)
That makes way more sense than what I was thinking happened.  Oops.

Hey Mayfly by VOX  :icon_biggrin:

This is pic of a friend that has a (72 custom RI)..with much modified Bigsby Palm Pedal and GK3 internal.
It is a bit on the heavy side (about 10lbs), the BPP is one that he got from a friend-of-a-friend..it had already been
modified to a 4-lever unit, but had some issues…He decided to give it some more issues and get it to act on all six strings
by totally re-engineering the way it works...it now gives him, raise-and-lower on the 1st and 6th strings, and raise-only
on stings 2 through 5. Still working on things !!

Action has been raised (roller bridge, nut, string trees, Grover locking tuners, etc) to be played as a slide guitar...
tuning started off as a modified version of E9 pedal steel.
Now has morphed into a modified version of C6 pedal steel...
Original re-issue WRHB in the neck, S-D Jerry Donahue in the bridge...custom mounting bracket off the Wilkinson bridge to hold the GK3..

Don't want to off track this tread, But thought you may like to see it. As it is a Bender !!
Sorry about the size of pic  :toothy11:

Attachments

• Tele with Palm pedal.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 26
Glad to see that there are folks out there interested in the wonderful world of benders!

Sure, a guitar with a bender is cool - but what about a Bender with a guitar?
Bender.jpg

Bagman67 said:
Bender.jpg

I like that font!  Might just put that on the headstock...

FernandoEsteves said:
Mayfly by VOX said:
Bagman67 said:

+1 And you if like Futurama, the robot on the neck plate :p

+1 again. I like that idea a lot. Get Doug to engrave it, then maybe get the artist who did the flowers & vines on the other guitar(s) to colorize it, then coat it to protect it...

Ok, that's it. Send it to engineering, and get production involved. At the rate he's going, he'll need it in 3 days.

Cagey said:
FernandoEsteves said:
Mayfly by VOX said:
Bagman67 said:

+1 And you if like Futurama, the robot on the neck plate :p

+1 again. I like that idea a lot. Get Doug to engrave it, then maybe get the artist who did the flowers & vines on the other guitar(s) to colorize it, then coat it to protect it...

Ok, that's it. Send it to engineering, and get production involved. At the rate he's going, he'll need it in 3 days.
it's already got a custom 8 ball plate...

Mayfly by VOX said:
Bagman67 said:
Bender.jpg

The font is called Brush Script Trevor..
This would look cool on the headstock... :dontknow:
8Bender.jpg

Keep forgetting to post.  The guitar's all done!

It kicks ass.  Nice throaty tone and the bender is very smooth.  I've been playing it for about a week and I've been really enjoying it.  Nice guitar!

Good stuff  :icon_thumright:
Did you put a clear cover over the bender rout ?
They look cool like that, get to see the undercarriage then  :icon_biggrin:

What .. no finished pic's  :eek:

Sounds like he's too busy playing to take pictures. It's a cool concept and all, but I still can't believe someone had the courage to route that much crap out of a body and install such a rube goldberg contraption in it in the first place. Then again... I've seen worse.

Look at how much cutting/drilling/routing is required to put in a decent vibrato bridge. That's certainly not a trivial modification to a guitar, but you don't see too much pushback about that.

You wanna see the lengths some hillbillies will stretch to make whiney music, check out a double-neck pedal steel. You practically need a master's degree in mechanical engineering and the patience of a saint to set one of those things up. Past that, as simple as a piano looks from the outside, it's a mechanical wonder internally.

But, it's all in the pursuit of making sounds that are pleasing to the ear. It's an art, and those who are dedicated to it will go to great lengths to realize their vision. Many people appreciate it, so those who don't have to be tolerant so that they may be free to advance their own visions.

And that's my preachy rant for the day <grin>

The Devil inside the Cagester knows I just can't pass up a change to pimp some whiney hillbilly music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35QpuAfIFw

That lick at 2:33; if a hillbilly can play it on an electric cheese slicer, it's gotta be a breeze on six-string! Cagey will be posting his later this afternoon. And all these guys need is the hats, chaw and overalls and they do bees ready for "Hee-Haw":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLqRh7_aiM&feature=related

Back