Baritone Het-Stock Explorer!!!

MUYFUE

Howdy, y'all! I'ts been a while since I've posted. I hope I find you all well. During the sale, I got a Maple and Rosewood Baritone neck with the Hetfield headstock. I also worked with another company to get a body made to a different Explorer shape. Well....Here she is!

The Specs:
Maple neck - See Thru Black back with Gloss Black pegface.
Lawrence/Hetfield Headstock shape.
Rosewood fretboard - 24 frets.
Mother of Pearl Dot Inlays.
Stainless Steel Frets, size 6115.
Baritone scale - 28 5/8".
Sperzel Tuners

Mahogany Body
EMG 81 Neck Pup
EMG 85 Bridge Pup
Gotoh T-O-M Bridge
String Thru body
Vol/Tone.
All Black Hardware

It's finished in Black Appliance Epoxy, like a Washer or Dryer! HAHAHA it's moisture proof, impact resistant, and super tough. It doesn't dampen the tone, the EMG "chang' is still there, even in clean settings. I needed to adjust my tone settings, relative to my other guits, but this thing is TIGHT. It's just amazing for the heavy style I play.

I tune it to B Standard with "Not Even Slinky" from Ernie Ball.

It's got such a great feel to it. The neck REALLY blows me away. Really Comfortable and easy to play.
Thanks to Warmoth for the great neck! I'll be enjoying this guitar for many many years!  

-EDIT- I added a pic of the back of the headstock.Yeah, so the middle tuner on the top is a wee bit shy of true, but it doesn't bother me  :icon_tongue:
I put a decal of my last name Initial in the center and little 'diamonds' in the open spaces on the back of the thumbwheel.
Also, you get a general idea of the paint. It came out really....wierd! the grain lines are a bit red/brown and the overall vibe is very smokey. I like it.

Attachments

• The Bari Explorer.jpg
    The Bari Explorer.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,386
  • the Bari Explorer back of head.jpg
    the Bari Explorer back of head.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 813
HOLY MONKEYZZZ!!!  :eek:
Usually dont like guitars but something about this one  :toothy12:
Longer neck and four string version please?  :toothy12: :toothy12:

Thanks for the comments!
The neck balances pretty well with the body. Since I took that pic, I moved the rear strap pin to help level it out. When I'm standing in "Rock position #1" and not holding the neck, it stays right in playing position. Actually the whole thing is relatively light....about 10-11 pounds I guess. I haven't weighed it yet! hahaha.

I'ts good to be back!

I can't believe I haven't seen this until now.

That's one of the coolest baritone's I've seen on here.

I've had some KL idea's, and your project adds to that inspiration.

Awesome.  I love that shape.  I've got a baritone on the way, and an explorer on the way, but they're different guitars!  :icon_biggrin:

Back