back contours, needs better photos PLEASE!

heavybluesy

I have been going nuts and spending literally hours looking at your back contour photos for your strat neck as well as the given measurements. The pictures given don't specify at which fret the pictures were taken. THERE NEEDS TO BE TWO PICTURES PLEASE...one picture for EACH contour at the first fret, and a second picture at the 12th fret. We are given two measurements for the 1st and 12th fret, say .85 inches and .97 inches. Well, the picture doesn't show how the contour evolves as it moves towards the 12th fret.

The asymetric contour for SRV shows only a slight curve on the side, but I have no idea how exaggerated the curve is at the 12th fret because the given measurement .97 inches does not correspond to the height in the photo at all!

I have been going to the store trying custom fenders, gibsons, PRS SE's and fender americans, and taking measurements at the respective frets and playing them and trying to relate them to the given measurements and photos on the website, but it is driving me nuts. PLEASE add photos for all the people that don't want to spend $600 on a customized neck and then  not be able to return it when they don't like the contour!

The fat and boat neck pictures are obvious and helpful because the contour is constant, but for everything else, there NEEDS to be some better pictures for comparison. This might be hard work for you guys, but it will help buyers and cut down the cost for you guys on returns for customers not fully satisfied by the contour they purchase. Contours are very subjective, and buyers need to have the best idea of what they are buying without having to buy a warmoth neck first.

The shape doesn't change as it moves from the 1st fret location to the 12th. Picture it as the fretboard simply moves further away in the increment stated and continutes that way until the volute of the heel.

The same straight line taper is true for all of the back shapes.

Back