AUGUST GUITAR/BASS of the MONTH: WINNER is gtr475

who should win

• Total voters
My first Warmoth and first entry! Cheers, Phillip
DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

jalane said:
SOOOOOOOOOOO many EMG's this month so far

Yeah too bad they don't want to take advantage of all the lovely tonewoods and craftsmanship that goes into those beauties.

pabloman said:
jalane said:
SOOOOOOOOOOO many EMG's this month so far

Yeah too bad they don't want to take advantage of all the lovely tonewoods and craftsmanship that goes into those beauties.

:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: ???

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
DMRACO said:

I didn't get it either.

He means it's a damn shame so many of you are putting that sterile, active crap on your nice guitars. :tard:

:icon_jokercolor:

line6man said:
DMRACO said:

I didn't get it either.

He means it's a damn shame so many of you are putting that sterile, active crap on your nice guitars. :tard:

:icon_jokercolor:
:laughing7:

(honestly, +1)

...but to each his own

I'm guilty of taking the bait, but not the appropriate thread.  There is no best or worst pickup.

But there are better and worse pickups.

Yeah, there are a million different pickups on the market, and what makes a good pickup versus a terrible one depends on the player's preference. :dontknow:

Ever notice how good and bad tone follows the player and not the gear?  It's all in the gray matter between the ears, not just in perception, but what knobs to tweak, what bends to bend.....  I've heard good Squiers and bad Marshalls.

Need to throw my entry in the ring.  My new mary maye strat with zebrawood top and wenge / ebony neck. 

4846634120_606e229888_b.jpg

4846635280_e08737427d_b.jpg

I haven't spent enough time with EMGs to hate them, so I'll say that there's plenty of nice guitars this month  :icon_thumright:

Nice! Did you oil or stain that Pau Ferro? Also, what frets are installed?

I'm entering the '51 SCP bass... so many great entries this month, there's no disgrace in not winning...
Warmoth finished Butterscotch Blonde Ash body
Warmoth Maple neck finished by myself, relicing also done by myself - but as I have a small company I'd like to consider it pro finished.
And that pickup is 100% passive.

DSC_6986.jpg
DSC_6970.jpg

DSC_6975.jpg
DSC_6992.jpg

DSC_6988.jpg

ByteFrenzy said:
I'm entering the '51 SCP bass... so many great entries this month, there's no disgrace in not winning...
Warmoth finished Butterscotch Blonde Ash body
Warmoth Maple neck finished by myself, relicing also done by myself - but as I have a small company I'd like to consider it pro finished.
And that pickup is 100% passive.

DSC_6986.jpg
DSC_6970.jpg

DSC_6975.jpg
DSC_6992.jpg

DSC_6988.jpg

Nice bass guitar. I like the worn hardare.

SustainerPlayer said:
Thx. The headstock got Dunlop 65 Lemon fretboard oil as well as the fretboard. Nothing on the back though.
The frets are Dunlop 6130.

I really like the way that headstock looks. I've been jonesing for a Pau Ferro neck... now it's worse. Gonna have to pull the trigger pretty soon, or I'm liable to do something stupid, like pay bills.

Max said:
I haven't spent enough time with EMGs to hate them, so I'll say that there's plenty of nice guitars this month  :icon_thumright:

My only experience for a while were the EMG selects that I have in one of my guitars.. they are a budget version of the EMGs and the worst pickups on the planet!
on the other Hand, the David Gilmour's in Lukes strat sound amazing!!!!

Back