Attack of the Rosewood Twelecaster!

drewfx

Ok, I finally got around to taking some pictures of my last couple of builds. This is the rosewood "twelecaster" sale-build I finished last month. I hope to be finished tuning it sometime next year:

RosewoodTwele-139.jpg

It's an all rosewood thinline body, with a maple pinstripe. It was in the showcase with no neck, bridge or pickup routes, making it irrestible to someone who always wanted both a rosewood tele and an electric 12. After much wavering, I decided to go with no f-holes and a standard tele (pearloid) pickguard, and left it unfinished.

The neck is a Warmoth Pro '59 roundback/maple/ebony/MOP dots/clear satin finish.
Pickups are a GFS Memphis Alnico 2 Rickenbacker tone Vintage Jangle Pickup in the bridge, and a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover Model™ SH-55 in the neck - the idea being to get both (sort of) 360/12 and ES1275D tones.
Standard tele master volume and tone (500k).
5 way switch - positions 2 and 4 put a 33k resistor in series with the opposite pickup (to reduce its volume somewhat), so it's essentially a 5-way blend control.

RosewoodTwele-141.jpg

RosewoodTwele-145.jpg

RosewoodTwele-142.jpg

drewfx

knucklehead G said:
That's sexy, but I would have stuck an F hole on it.

You know I went back and forth about a hundred times - I would have really loved an F-hole, but I liked a standard tele pickguard better than the thinline ones or the hybrids...

:eek:

that is one of the prettiest guitars i've EVER seen. and i'm really not a fan of twelve stringers

That is sweet, the world needs more 12 strings....Now if I could just find a Floyd for a 12 string.... :icon_scratch: :headbang1:

F the f-hole...
That is one beautiful  :glasses9: geetar.
Very, very, very, very, very cool build...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

That looks great!!!!

However....... are you sure that this is a thinline and not a solid tele body?
the reason why I am asking is, I tried W to sell me a thinline and hollow bodies with a pinstripe, but they insisted that this is not possible..... did anything change?

Thanks to all for the compliments.

And it's 100% absolutely a thinline with a maple pinstripe. Don't know why they would tell you it's not possible. Maybe that's one of those where you have to ask again?

Back