At the end of her journey

She’s just passed in complete peace. Thank you all for the words of support and personal experiences. Very grateful that we were all here.

My thoughts to you and your family. I'm glad her passing was peaceful. That's important. It'll take a while to come to terms with it but it will happen. Feel free to post about it or send a pm if you want to talk about it.

My deepest sympathy Brother, and my condolences to you and your family. A peaceful passing is blessing denied to many, take solace in the fact that her suffering has ended, and she is at peace.

I’d like to thank my fellow warmothians (thank you bagger) for giving me a space to vent.  This trip home has matured me in ways I’d never have imagined and I’m bringinng back aspects of life with me to integrate into my own family.

I’m headed back to California to help my wife with our ailing son and to relieve her parents of the burden caused by my absence.  I’ll be back out for the funeral this Wednesday and will hopefully have my little fam with me, provides they are no longer ill. Either way, I’m good. 

I’ve got a vision of how I want my family to be for the first time in my life and am able to loosen my grip on the lost musician I was going into this. I’ve been around the world playing my own music 5 times. I’ve alreasy seen enough to know what the industry would take from me and the time I have left is not mine to squander. 

After spending a decade away from home pursuing an Album made of some precious metal, I’ve come to realize that the only thing in life that matters is time - and that spent wisely. Investing that time. Music will always be a part of my life and I hope my children love it as I do. Having a house band would be amazing haha. 

I sincerely appreciate this place. Sure it’s a forum that inspires gear lust and inspiration, but that’s what we do. It’s who we are.

The candy red project is being completed as a tribute to my mom, who taught me how rad Sting is (dream of the
Blue turtles) and imprinted the sound of the modded Marshall tones in her tape collction  -  and to my dad, who unwittingly exposes me to other high gain guitar tone through his journey and meatloaf collection lol.

I compose this at 37k feet at a velocity of around 500 mph. No finer place to sort one’s thoughts. Here’s to you all and your continued sources of inspiration for my future musical endeavors.  And even though I don’t visit the sudio sub forum as I used to, it make me feel so good knowing that giants post among us. 

Cheers

Glad she went peacefully. Lost my father less than a year ago to Alzheimer's was sad to see him go but worse was the decline from a bright witty guy to what he was in his last days.

Zhaezzy said:
Glad she went peacefully. Lost my father less than a year ago to Alzheimer's was sad to see him go but worse was the decline from a bright witty guy to what he was in his last days.
Sorry to hear that. My father got so bad he was hallucinating some kind of people-things and didn't know who I was. That was hard.

At one point I overheard my father asking the nurses for help because he was unable to find his parents. He was actually referring to my wife and me. That was a very surreal moment. But for me at least, there was also a different side. Before developing Alzheimer, he was very aloof, distant, incapable of showing any affection. Highly irritable with a short temper and a tendency for verbal agression. Alzheimer's turned him into the sweetest, gentlest person ever and briefly we had an emotional bond that had been impossible in the fortyfive preceding years.

On a lighter note my wife was paying me a compliment by telling me I had young looking skin and asked how do you keep it so young looking. I answered living a stress free life. Got  a chuckle out of her. 

Best thoughts and condolences to you Frank on your mother's passing. If there's anything that I can do, please don't hesitate to give a call. A couple of us are just a bit down the freeway and I know we'll be there if needed.

Thanks for all the kind words, all. I’m just catching up. So many amazing personal journeys here. 

Alzheimer’s is a real SoB. My grandmother had it. ByteFrenzy, that story ripped my heart out, man.

I need sleep!  Sleep training a 13mo old is no joke!  I’ve time for one more frivolous post.

Back