Argh...help. RE: Schaller Bridge

Sb39

Made my first major goof with my blue LP. 

I bought this bridge for it. 

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Schaller_Roller_Bridge.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=5621

Problem is, the LP is drilled for TOM studs.  The studs that come with this bridge are very tiny, they are far too small for the TOM hole.

Is there an alternative to enable me to use this bridge without any modification of the guitar body?

Think I might have partially figured it out.  Not all TOMs are universal.  I was test fitting it on my Epiphone Dot, thinking that guitar's TOM would be the same specs.  Not by a long shot.  I think what I want are the 'nashville' style studs and risers.

This leaves me with the problem that I have GOTOH sized holes for my bridge in my new body, for 11mm studs. 

But I need the adjustable risers to have a 3.96mm top to fit the Schaller bridge (most tune o matics with 11mm studs have 6.5mm tops on the adjustable risers).

Is this combination possible?

I had a similar problem a little while back, and the only way out that I could find was to drill the bushing holes out to a standard size (1/2"), stuff them with dowel rod and epoxy, then re-drill them to fit the Schaller bushings (10mm). Worked out pretty well. Epoxy cures very hard and I used Oak dowel, which is a pretty hard wood. So, the bridge is mounted pretty firmly.

Back