Tune-o-matic bridge routing dimensions

CodyLuebbert

I apologize if this has been discussed before - I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am brand new to the building process and will soon be ordering a Regal to build an LP copy. I'll be putting a TOM/STP tailpiece on it and would love to have Warmoth just route it for me to save time. My question is will the size of the routing holes be compatible with Schaller bridges? My neck is going to be a Gibson scaled 14"radius and Schaller is the only brand that has a 14" radius bridge. I'm not interested in having the saddles of any other bridge filed to 14" because I don't trust any techs in my area to do it accurately.

So this being said, I'll probably put a Schaller Roller on it. The stud width is 7.06mm but the Warmoth routing shows a hole width of 11.3mm... I've always been a strat guy so if someone could enlighten me on TOMs id appreciate it. Is it possible to just put the Roller into gotoh studs if I have them install them at the shop? The stud spacing is the same I just don't know if the post threading will fit.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 338
  • image.png
    image.png
    424.2 KB · Views: 273
The Schaller studs are M5 and will definitely not fit the M8 Gotoh bushings. You'd have to ask Warmoth if they would drill for the Schaller.

Back