lp bridge pickup ring

vtpcnk

the bridge pick up ring on my gibson lp studio lite is cracked/broken.

if i want to replace it should i buy a ring specially designed for a curved top?

or will a regular one do - ie when it is screwed on, it will naturally bend to the shape? http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Plastic_Mounting_Rings_For_Humbucking_Pickups.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=636

appreciate the feedback.

They don't bend to shape; they break. Get the proper part. There's little or no difference in cost.

Gibson makes three styles of rings, two of which they sell as parts.

One is the standard ring.  they have a slight curve to the bottom, sort of between curved and flat.  This is the ring they use on factory LP's, and flat guitars (like 62 SG's for example).  They'll conform to a flat or arched guitar.

The next is the Historic ring, which is a little taller and fully arched.

The last, and not for sale, is the ES ring, used on ES-33x through ES-175 guitars (in order of thickness), and the L4 and L5 guitars as well.  These are thicker yet, and have a very unusual arch, and are a little thinner on the neck ring treble side (to better match the tops).  You can only get those from a "parts guitar", or on a new guitar.

=CB= said:
One is the standard ring.  they have a slight curve to the bottom, sort of between curved and flat.  This is the ring they use on factory LP's, and flat guitars (like 62 SG's for example).  They'll conform to a flat or arched guitar.

so you think this will fit my lp studio lite with a carved top?

Back