April Submissions - Guitar of the Month Contest =5 so far!

Märkeaux said:
Märkeaux said:
Thanks Draco, Grabby..
I didn't want to enter it since I did not yet make pool shots of it.. oh well..  this will have to do for now..

Aah correction, there is a pool shot... together with her sister:

September62009024.jpg

September62009021.jpg

Dont make me enter my rosewood/wenge tele......lol......no really, those are great looking guitars

SolomonHelsing said:
Baljnm Well done for the guitar, i like it alot  :icon_thumright:

Thanks a lot!!! Looking at the others, i kinda dont feel like i have a chance at all. Maybe because mine is the most 'custom', but on finishing alone, that barndoor guitar rocks!!

Jason

Vintage white is my favorite of all finishes, so I guess this seals my vote. All submissions look fantastic though, but looking at a vintage white strat is like looking at god himself.

I thought the vintage white strat was not eligible this month since it is Warmoth finished?

richship said:
I thought the vintage white strat was not eligible this month since it is Warmoth finished?

You are correct sir, we'll be able to vote on it next month I believe.

On a side note, I just read Wyliee's post about votes and the possibility of "manufactured" votes.

I do NOT want to start any sort of argument/accusation/discussion about this topic other than that
I just wanted to say these contests are about comradarie, creativity, and fun. There are no prizes,
no cash, no endorsement deals, no record contracts. People really shouldn't get upset one way
or another if whatever particular horse you want to do well "wins" or not. Its a fun stupid little internet
forum contest - not a measure of ones' self-worth or how good any particular instrument is or isn't.

Lets just have fun and oogle over kick-ass guitars (and basses)! Let the politicans worry about
voting fraud/accuracy - theres no reason or need for that kind of reality to enter our 'home-away-
from-home' here.

:rock-on:

Thanks!

ORCRiST

ORCRiST said:
richship said:

You are correct sir, we'll be able to vote on it next month I believe.

On a side note, I just read Wyliee's post about votes and the possibility of "manufactured" votes.

I do NOT want to start any sort of argument/accusation/discussion about this topic other than that
I just wanted to say these contests are about comradarie, creativity, and fun. There are no prizes,
no cash, no endorsement deals, no record contracts. People really shouldn't get upset one way
or another if whatever particular horse you want to do well "wins" or not. Its a fun stupid little internet
forum contest - not a measure of ones' self-worth or how good any particular instrument is or isn't.

Lets just have fun and oogle over kick-ass guitars (and basses)! Let the politicans worry about
voting fraud/accuracy - theres no reason or need for that kind of reality to enter our 'home-away-
from-home' here.

:rock-on:

Thanks!

ORCRiST

I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.  joking

OzziePete said:
If Tonar entered one of his own guitars that he finished himself................. :help:

When the rules are applied, they apply to all, and they apply as stated. 

Therefore, if Tonar submits his own guitar, which he finished, it would qualify as owner finished.

There is no reason to disparage anyone because their own particular work is high quality.

GOM said:
OzziePete said:
If Tonar entered one of his own guitars that he finished himself................. :help:

Therefore, if Tonar submits his own guitar, which he finished, it would qualify as owner finished.

There is no reason to disparage anyone because their own particular work is high quality.

I agree. On the other hand, I believe they should be able to put it into the Professionally Finished also. Tonar is a professional, after all. Also, I believe somebody already stated that Tonar and other professionals tend to keep to the Professional months, anyways.

And about people creating profiles in order to get extra votes, really? I mean, seriously? If you're pumping up your own guitar, then that's absolutely lame. If you're trying to get your favorite guitar of somebody else's to win, same. I've disagreed with some previous GOTM's (not due to the winner being a bad guitar, just because preference leans another way), but I've never voted multiple times to win. It's called ethics. Use them, please.

Paul-less said:
GOM said:
OzziePete said:

I agree. On the other hand, I believe they should be able to put it into the Professionally Finished also. Tonar is a professional, after all.

"7.  “Warmoth or Professionally finished”, within the scope of the GOM contest, shall be defined as an instrument, guitar or bass, that has been finished, or had its finish completed, by someone other than the owner of the instrument."

If I'm reading the rules correctly, Tonar's own guitars would not qualify for Warmoth/Pro categories.

There's probably no need to keep singling him out, but Tonar does do professional work, and is paid for it.  To me that's a professional finish.  Also, the times he has entered, it's been in the Warmoth/Pro finish category and he has been a good sport about it. 

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
There's probably no need to keep singling him out, but Tonar does do professional work, and is paid for it.  To me that's a professional finish.  Also, the times he has entered, it's been in the Warmoth/Pro finish category and he has been a good sport about it. 

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

That deserves a thumbs up for entering into the spirit of the competition. Good on him.

Let me put an end to this.

Here are the contest rules, which are official:

6.  “Owner finished’, within the scope of the GOM contest, shall be defined as an instrument, guitar or bass, that has had its paint, dye, stain, clear coats or other finish applied, in total, by the owner of the instrument.
7.  “Warmoth or Professionally finished”, within the scope of the GOM contest, shall be defined as an instrument, guitar or bass, that has been finished, or had its finish completed, by someone other than the owner of the instrument.

Those are the rules.  The definitions, as stated above, are as they are.  That is how the contest will be conducted. 

I really dunno which way to lean this month.  Im just not a fan of telecasters. Although the one dangerous r6 used to have in his sig with the Floyd rose seemed nice.  (wish I could see a full picture of that one)

I wish Marco would enter that rosewood strat instead that would be my personal choice.  Not trying to downgrade anything I'm really just not a fan of teles...  

line6man said:
Only three entries this month? :sad:

When a guitar has had a thread as long as barn door you're probably better off staying away till next time!

thanks Cleatus, but believe me those other two are sweet guitars
the votes will tell
I can only cross my fingers and hope.

Plus,Barn Door is a forum cooperative project, we discussed a lot to get that finish, I could never have done that without the help of everyone here. we discussed it openly, I PMed a lot of guys, suggestions were made and the value of them all were discussed and weighed. I am proud of the guitar and it was what I wanted, but without Unofficial Warmoth Members It would have never happened,

Jusatele said:
thanks Cleatus, but believe me those other two are sweet guitars
the votes will tell
I can only cross my fingers and hope.

Plus,Barn Door is a forum cooperative project, we discussed a lot to get that finish, I could never have done that without the help of everyone here. we discussed it openly, I PMed a lot of guys, suggestions were made and the value of them all were discussed and weighed. I am proud of the guitar and it was what I wanted, but without Unofficial Warmoth Members It would have never happened,

Just quietly I love Marko's, and I don't even like Teles. :)

GOM said:
Let me put an end to this.

Here are the contest rules, which are official:

6.   “Owner finished’, within the scope of the GOM contest, shall be defined as an instrument, guitar or bass, that has had its paint, dye, stain, clear coats or other finish applied, in total, by the owner of the instrument.
7.   “Warmoth or Professionally finished”, within the scope of the GOM contest, shall be defined as an instrument, guitar or bass, that has been finished, or had its finish completed, by someone other than the owner of the instrument.

Those are the rules.  The definitions, as stated above, are as they are.  That is how the contest will be conducted. 

In all seriousness, I never meant to be starting a brush fire with my comment about Tonar's personal guitar collection........I was really just drawing upon the preceived veiw here that Tonar's work is , well, professional. I was being a bit cheeky and unaware of the previous issues that the GOM had encountered with debates about who should enter etc. I hadn't even read the rules as I doubted that I would ever enter one. So I apologise if I unknowingly raised some hackles....

From the posts I have read from Tonar, and the work he has done for folks here like Max, he comes across as a decent guy, and the last thing I'd want to do is get his work caught in the crossfire of some previously heated issue...

Back