April Submissions - Guitar of the Month Contest =5 so far!

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
As one of the resident party poopers, is the White Strat finished by the owner?

It's a Warmoth applied finish.  Just saw it in the 'Just Out of the Box' catagory under 'Vintage White CBS Strat'.

Nein! It is painted by Warmoth, great thanks for quality made

Torment Leaves Scars said:
Cool.  Thanks for the info.   :icon_smile:

I was kinda lookin' forward to entering for this month, especially after scanning the files and seeing such a thing when I signed up a few days ago.  Guess I'll have to wait!  :doh:

Don't worry, I'll see you next month too :icon_biggrin: I have a Warmoth finished telecaster that I forgot to enter last month...

Schidakov said:

Nein! It is painted by Warmoth, great thanks for quality made

If the finish was done by Warmoth, then it is ineligible for this month's contest.  This month is OWNER finished.  Please be sure to re-submit it next month!

JaySwear said:
Cool.  Thanks for the info.   :icon_smile:

I was kinda lookin' forward to entering for this month, especially after scanning the files and seeing such a thing when I signed up a few days ago.  Guess I'll have to wait!  :doh:

Don't worry, I'll see you next month too :icon_biggrin: I have a Warmoth finished telecaster that I forgot to enter last month...

I look forward to seeing your guitar!  I'm sure it's a beauty!  :headbang1:

Damn, killer guitars this month guys. Gonna be tough the two are neck to neck. Outstanding, you guys should be proud! :hello2: :headbang:

Jusatele said:
Owner finished , my guitar I applied the finish.
We recognize that there are some guys who do the work themselves, not having the tools and experience of a professional or seasoned hobbyist.
There are professional finishers here, that would not enter in the owner finished as they RESPECT the reason we do such.
And YES you want to win, if not why are you wining so much about it.
Now, I want to ask you  not to muddy up this thread any more and if you want to discuss it start a new thread, we almost lost this contest because of constant bickering like you are doing and I do not want to see it lost because you are upset you were asked to put yours in the Pro finished category.
Relax
:icon_thumright:

Good to see people like Tonar and other pro finishers exempting themselves from the owner finished section.......I was wondering how that was 'managed'. Which is why I asked what would happen if Tonar entered one of his own. I wasn't stirring the pot - just was wondering where that sort of entry stood. :icon_thumright:

Jusatele said:
I have now brought it out to play 3 times and someone is always running their hands over it to see if it really is separate wood pieces. I think that is really cool as that was one of the most important things I had in mind, looking like you cut it out of a barn door.

LOL, unique finish, Justa........I still reckon if you laid it down on an appropriate floor you'd have troubles finding it! :toothy11:

Jusatele said:
grabby said:
And now, back to the program...

Both the barn door tele and Marko's wood pr0n are super cool and unique.
I look at Marko's and get that wrong week to quit sniffing glue feeling, that is one uber sweet Tele

Haha! it's Barndoor vs Granny's Coffee table!! I have to say I love both!

Märkeaux said:
Thanks Draco, Grabby..
I didn't want to enter it since I did not yet make pool shots of it.. oh well..  this will have to do for now..

Aah correction, there is a pool shot... together with her sister:

September62009024.jpg

September62009021.jpg

ON a side note, I was just looking at Marko's lovely git, and now can someone explain recessed bridges and the string-through?

Cletus said:
ON a side note, I was just looking at Marko's lovely git, and now can someone explain recessed bridges and the string-through?

Recessing the T-O-M bridge means you don't have to angle the neck pocket...I think. :icon_scratch:

With the T-O-M bridge recessed, the accompanying Stop Tailpiece would look silly all raised up...so they incorporated the string thru ferrules... A recessed stop tailpiece might cause problems threading the strings through too...that's my guess anyways.  :dontknow:

OzziePete said:
Cletus said:

Recessing the T-O-M bridge means you don't have to angle the neck pocket...I think. :icon_scratch:

With the T-O-M bridge recessed, the accompanying Stop Tailpiece would look silly all raised up...so they incorporated the string thru ferrules... A recessed stop tailpiece might cause problems threading the strings through too...that's my guess anyways.  :dontknow:

Thanks Pete, much appreciated.

And you wouldn't call that AWESOME "Iron Maiden" guitar professional?  The finish on that guitar is absolutely AMAZING.  Not only is that finish nothing short of amazing, but the talent of the owner who did it is, as well.  Most definitely the coolest guitar I have EVER seen.  EVER.

That is cool, and it was professionally finished by SIMS, who is not the owner of that guitar.  ORCRiST, the owner, paid SIMS for that professionally done finish.  Keep digging.

And you wouldn't call that AWESOME "Iron Maiden" guitar professional?  The finish on that guitar is absolutely AMAZING.  Not only is that finish nothing short of amazing, but the talent of the owner who did it is, as well.  Most definitely the coolest guitar I have EVER seen.  EVER.

That is cool, and it was professionally finished by SIMS, who is not the owner of that guitar.  ORCRiST, the owner, paid SIMS for that professionally done finish.  Keep digging.

WTF is your problem, and what's with the attitude?  I never did or said anything to you to deserve your crap, and now what you're doing is trashing up a thread with it.

Grow up, and move on like everyone else has, nobody's digging for anything.  I made a statement.  If you don't like the fact that this is an internet forum and people make statements, then don't post in the thread.  This subject has been dead since the top of page #3.  Quit dragging it on.

Chill Scars
it is the internet, in 2 weeks none of this will even matter as no one will remember
arguing on the internet is like like having a turd flinging contest, if you win you are still covered in shit
and plus, who cares, you are getting up set over someone you do not know who you will never meet, like it effects your life in the long run

That is cool, and it was professionally finished by SIMS, who is not the owner of that guitar.  ORCRiST, the owner, paid SIMS for that professionally done finish.  Keep digging.

WTF is your problem, and what's with the attitude?  I never did or said anything to you to deserve your crap, and now what you're doing is trashing up a thread with it.

Grow up, and move on like everyone else has, nobody's digging for anything.  I made a statement.  If you don't like the fact that this is an internet forum and people make statements, then don't post in the thread.  This subject has been dead since the top of page #3.  Quit dragging it on.

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

So I painted my first Warmoth build myself.  The wife walked by, looked at it and said, "You're not going to leave it like that are you?"  Decided at that point to have someone else do it.

Back