Anyone logged into their Photobucket account lately?

War_in_D

I got an email from Photobucket this morning, saying that if I didn't log in I would lose all my pictures.  I haven't logged in to PB in a LOOOONNG time, mainly because there for a while if you did you were getting spammed to death by ads and warnings of viruses, etc.  I decided to take the chance, and it appears that all the spamming and virus stuff is gone, but now my "unlimited" account is limited to only 250 pictures and all my pics over that are blurred until I sign up for a plan.  I'm debating on signing up for the $5.99/month plan just long enough so I can gain access to my pics to bring them back onto my hard drive and then cancel it.  There are a ton of old guitar pictures (including the first Warmoth I ever built) in there that I'd like to get back.

Anyone else ponied up for a subscription and then had issues when trying to cancel?  I don't want to get involved if it's going to turn into a "gym membership" type of situation where you get screwed over by recurring charges after you cancel. 

I deleted my account when they started a couple to a few years back blocking images and asking higher fees than they are now.

Fortunately I had most things on local drives also but it took quite a while editing build threads and so forth to replace the images with the ones I had moved to Flickr.

I'm having good luck using Imgur. So far they haven't messed with me over anything. Of course, all my photos are on my computer and I only use the online photo service for photos to post on forums.

Most of the stuff I had at PB was old Ebay auction pics.  I used to host them all, instead of using the Ebay hosting service.  I could get much larger images that way, but I haven't sold anything on Ebay in about two years now.. But that's a thread for another day. LOL

i thought everybody stopped using photobucket like 10 years ago. there are a dozen+ free image hosting sites out there without the nonsense that PB puts u thru

Back