Anyone having Photobucket issues?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Master Member
My GOTM link at the bottom doesn't work all of a sudden, so I re-uploaded to Photobucket, and the link still doesn't work.
I check other forums, all seems in order there.

I think I may have figured it out.  The link for URL option is too long, longer than 300 characters, but it worked for many years, and it works in other forums.

Not sure why it's happening as now all my posted pics on this forum are not posting.  I didn't change anything.

Wierd. :sad:

The link's working for me (i.e. I can follow it and see the pic). Is it still between the image code in your sig:

Code:
[IMG]yourlinkhere.com[/IMG]

?

It's supposed to just appear at the bottom of the page, it was my GOTM pic.
I hadn't changed anything, then the lil alerts started to appear like, the link to the pic you are posting no longer works.

Figured it out.

Photo bucket uses a "link before the link" kind of address.

I removed that area of the link, re-submitted it to the forum, and back in business.

Not sure why photo bucket defaults to this, but oh well.

Meanwhile, all of the rest of my photo bucket hosted pics appear to be back up and running, so I'm not sure what happened, maybe they were doing site maintenance or something.

All is good.

Just watch out: you've got a stray [/url] tag at the bottom of your sig.

I'm only having issues on my MacBook Pro. My iPad, iPhone and work laptop (Dell) all show my PB pictures fine.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Figured it out.

Photo bucket uses a "link before the link" kind of address.

I removed that area of the link, re-submitted it to the forum, and back in business.

Not sure why photo bucket defaults to this, but oh well.

Meanwhile, all of the rest of my photo bucket hosted pics appear to be back up and running, so I'm not sure what happened, maybe they were doing site maintenance or something.

That must have happened during my time when I was offline, because you GOTM image looks like it did when last I saw it. Which was yesterday or so I think.
BTW I like your new avatar. Really cool.  :icon_thumright:

Glimmer said:
All is good.

Just watch out: you've got a stray [/url] tag at the bottom of your sig.

But like Glimmer says, I can see a /url tag after the GOTM image, that you probably could remove.

Ah, all appears to be right with the world. (But why not link your GTOM image to its build thread, if there is one? That way, curious souls like myself could easily go check it out... :) )

Glimmer said:
Ah, all appears to be right with the world. (But why not link your GTOM image to its build thread, if there is one? That way, curious souls like myself could easily go check it out... :) )

Good Idea!!!!

Back