Anybody ordered very recently from Warmoth?

xParallax

Hey all,

I ordered my custom body and neck (both with finish) for 8-10 week delivery about 8 weeks ago, just wondering if anyone has ordered recently to see if they've been putting out parts on the fast side or the slow side of the 8-10 week estimate?

Thanks,

Rhys

Well I ordered a neck about 5 1/2 weeks ago, and no word on it yet. Not sure if orders would be light or not this time of year? Maybe heavy before Christmas then a slow down? Maybe not? Aaron could probably answer that best.

FYI, the period from January to April is Warmoth's busiest time of year. We are absolutely slammed right now.

I ordered a body and neck (unfinished) on Jan 8th. As of Feb 11th, haven't gotten it. Oh, the anticipation! Haha, but I can wait. Thanks Aaron for the info here

Made a custom neck order (unfinished) on December 30th and just got it in the mail yesterday! It was pretty quick but it felt like years...

I ordered a Showcase body a few weeks ago which is getting routed and finished. I spoke with Warmoth a few days after my order and they told me the routing was done almost immediately. As such, it looks like the finishing department is what takes the most time, which makes total sense.

From a WIP perspective, it would be interesting to see the revenue multiple if the finishing department was expanded. Given the inventory levels on the website, I imagine the increase in capacity and throughput might breakeven within 6-9 months and potentially increase margins by 5-10% per year after that. A Six Sigma review and efficiency study might unlock some real potential. 

I, too, am a proud contributor to Warmoth’s “absolutely slammed” status.  :headbang: I ordered a body and neck on 1/09. Anticipation builds character....

Custom neck ordered 5th Jan and custom body ordered on 27th Jan
Shipping to other side of the planet so not expecting them anytime soon, plus waiting on back order for hipshot tuners and 4 weeks for custom pickup.

bass917 said:
...waiting on back order for hipshot tuners..
If I might ask, who did you order the tuners from? I usually go to SportHiTech:
https://www.sporthitech.com/
They stock most HipShot items, have great prices, and will get you anything they don't happen have in stock, like custom sets. Very easy to deal with, if the need arises.

The Aaron said:
FYI, the period from January to April is Warmoth's busiest time of year. We are absolutely slammed right now.
Then why are you on the computer A-aron and not filling orders...? :laughing11:

pirate said:
Well I ordered a neck about 5 1/2 weeks ago, and no word on it yet. Not sure if orders would be light or not this time of year? Maybe heavy before Christmas then a slow down? Maybe not? Aaron could probably answer that best.

Well I ordered my neck and pickguard on January 4, and just got email notification that the shipping labels were created, so I guess it goes out tomorrow. I expect them end of this week or early next week ;))

So honestly, for being swamped, that's not a bad turnaround time, and what the website says for shipping expectations, custom body/neck with no finish, 4-5 weeks, so 6 week arrival time when they are swamped, not too shabby at all  :icon_thumright:

And of course, I'm sure we'd all rather have them be a week or three late and maintain their stellar quality then try to rush things when they are busy, and, well, have mistakes made, so well done Warmoth.

BigSteve22 said:
bass917 said:
They stock most HipShot items, have great prices, and will get you anything they don't happen have in stock, like custom sets. Very easy to deal with, if the need arises.
I get my Hipshots from them, too. They're a good resource.

I ordered my latest Strat body (custom order) on New Year's day and received it exactly 4 weeks later.
:cool01:

BigSteve22 said:
bass917 said:

Was just going through Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/292595706050), i did look at Sporthitech but couldnt find what i was after (STAGGERED Locking w/ KNURLED Buttons LEFT HAND - CHROME).
Update: Got back from work and email says necks been shipped! Squeaky wheels me thinks lol.

Rgand said:
BigSteve22 said:
bass917 said:
I get my Hipshots from them, too. They're a good resource.

Add me to the list of sporthitech fans. I needed a set of black universal mount plates and they were the only folks who could get them. They're fantastic.

I'm wondering, will Warmoth send me an email with a tracking number when they send the shipment? I think I placed my order as a guest but I did enter my email and got a confirmation of the order.

Not even worried about waiting at this point - I just need to make sure I don't leave the package sitting outside for too long and expose it to rain/snow.

Warmoth will send a notification, and UPS (if it's shipping that way) will send updates as well.

Back