Any fellow watch-lovers here?

I'm a major watch lover but I found my 2 'daily' watches a couple of months ago. My everyday watch is a Sisu Bravado. It's HUGE. 55mm diameter crystal. It wears incredibly comfortable, despite the weight. I was out and had to punch a guy who was harassing a girl and believe me, that watch works great as a brass knuckle.

My other favorite is a Laco 'Flieger' B-uhr B style. Or is it an A style? Can't remember. Let's see if I can find pics.

yup. pictures. Wrist shots. Love them both.

Attachments

• Sisu Bravado.jpg
    Sisu Bravado.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 928
  • laco B-Uhr.jpg
    laco B-Uhr.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 632
Wow and wow. That Sisu Bravado looks almost like a normal size watch that's been photoshopped. I've never heard of that brand - can you tell us anything about it (where it was made, what kind of movement is in it, etc.)?

Well in terms of watches it isn't the most fancy watch but my Grandpa gave it to me quite a while ago and I love it because of that.  :)
006-1.jpg
009-1.jpg

I treasure older watches that have been handed down from relatives.  Unfortunately, the only good one I have ever inherited was my grandmother's old Hamilton which I let my partner wear to dressy occasions. 

SurfnMusic, what brand of watch is that?  The hour hand obscures the name.

Nightclub Dwight said:
I treasure older watches that have been handed down from relatives.  Unfortunately, the only good one I have ever inherited was my grandmother's old Hamilton which I let my partner wear to dressy occasions. 

SurfnMusic, what brand of watch is that?  The hour hand obscures the name.

It is a Seiko Quartz World Timer.
I don't wear it much but then my normal attire are flip flops and cargo shorts  :icon_biggrin: But when I dress up and I like the memories. 

This is newish and cool-looking - in Detroit, no less, a watch (and bicycle and leather goods) factory is in full effect:

http://www.shinola.com/

Handsome watches:

http://www.shinola.com/shop/watches.html

No, it doesn't appear to be the original Shinola, but they carry leather and leather care products, too:

http://www.shinola.com/shop/leather/leather-care.html

I'm always happy to see anything to do with fine watches here in the states. We used to hold a commanding position in the industry, with brands like Hamilton, Elgin, Waltham and Illinois. Shinola talks about themselves in the context of a "return to American watchmaking" as if there aren't any other U.S. watch manufacturers producing quality merchandise. This isn't true. For twenty two years RGM has been making great timepieces in Lancaster, PA. Their watches are not quartz, like Shinola's, but are all true mechanicals. They even now make several movements of their own design right in Pennsylvania - quite an accomplishment in the watch world. Here is my RGM Model 107 pilot watch that I've had for about fifteen years:

rgmwristshot5-5-142sm.jpg

I know this is a total necropost, but I ran across this video today that some of the gearheads around here might like.

[youtube]yIXPplShtg0[/youtube]

I just sold this 1940s Tissot to fund another purchase. If I'd thought about it more I probably would have kept it. Sigh.

tissotlogoclsup1.jpg

Bump from the dead. Been looking hard at some watches and so far Tissot is looking very intriguing... I dig their "tradition" model, because it reminds me a whole lot of their 40's/50's watches.

I have a PRC 200. It's such a nice watch. I don't wear it very much. It's too small. I prefer a larger case.

back from the dead again - to share a sort of PSA with you guys. I just ordered my second Orient watch in a Black Friday sale. Orient is a very good quality line of Japanese watches that offers quartz and mechanical pieces. And they manufacture their own movements. They are already VERY reasonably priced at full suggested retail, but I got the one I just ordered for 50% off that with a Black Friday code. There are two or three web retailers that have Orients on Blk Fri sales. PM me for more details if you want. Here is a web shot of my new one (a mechanical self winder):

orient%20anchor%20watch%20frnt.jpg

I have a very modest collection of watches.  I have an automatic Timex, an automatic Invicta, and an automatic Steinhart.  I was just unexpectedly gifted a fine automatic Kobold from a relative.  I don't deserve this watch, and certainly could never afford it if I had to buy one.  Kobold is an interesting company that was started not too long ago as a class project by a student at Carnegie Mellon University.  Michael Kobold enlisted help from some prominent watchmakers, and he is now well on his way to a pretty cool brand.  The watches are sort of a mashup between Swiss engineering and manufacturing, and local Pittsburgh manufacturing.  It is neat because I live in Pittsburgh, so I have a homegrown watch with Swiss pedigree. 

Sorry for the bad photo.  I'll try to get the collection together and photographed with my better camera.

][url=https://flic.kr/p/BxJWSs]IMAG1092 by Night C. Dwight, on Flickr[/url]

The new Orient arrived already today. I'm loving it... it's a big watch but is so well proportioned that it doesn't look that big on the wrist.

anchor%20unbox%20from%20outside%20boxes.jpg

anchor%20in%20inside%20box.jpg

anchor%20wrist%20shot%201.jpg

And I didn't much care for the strap that came with it, so I changed it:

chg%20strap%203sm.jpg

chg%20strap%203a%20sm.jpg

chg%20strap%204sm.jpg

That's better. I like rally style straps:

my%20two%20Orients%20sm.jpg

Back