Any fellow watch-lovers here?

I really like the Tag Heuer F1, Carrera, and Monaco (Gulf Edition) watches, along with some of the sportier Tissot watches.  I have a Tag Heuer F1 Indy that's a few years old.  I really like it a lot.  While I'd love to pick up a Carrera, I'd rather spend the $3,000+ on a guitar, modifications for my Jeep, or to put towards a classic muscle car.  :eek:ccasion14:

I love watches, and have been looking for the first piece to start what will probably be a collection.

I chose one of these (haven't decided which yet)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/analogwatchco/the-carpenter-collection-all-natural-wood-watch-an

They are designed by a friend of mines friend...slightly confusing.

But they are everything I love. I love extremely simple and minimalist. Plus made out of wood? Awesome.

I have really no knowledge of watches, but I love looking at them, and am absolutely fascinated by how they work.

Also, my millionaire watch?
devon-tread-1-xl.jpg

I know I just said I like simple, but comon, that thing is awesome.

rapfohl09 said:
I love watches, and have been looking for the first piece to start what will probably be a collection.

I chose one of these (haven't decided which yet)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/analogwatchco/the-carpenter-collection-all-natural-wood-watch-an

They are designed by a friend of mines friend...slightly confusing.

But they are everything I love. I love extremely simple and minimalist. Plus made out of wood? Awesome.

I have really no knowledge of watches, but I love looking at them, and am absolutely fascinated by how they work.

Also, my millionaire watch?
devon-tread-1-xl.jpg

I know I just said I like simple, but comon, that thing is awesome.

That's really...busy.  It's most certainly different, but just...busy.

I have my late Uncle Fritz's old ('50's) Omega watch - still works. Don't know what model it is though. Thought about having it restored by Omega USA but I've heard horror stories about them.

His step sons got his 2 old Rolex's (dang it!). I had my eye on them since I was a young lad.

He was a merchant seaman and used to bring home all kinds of goodies.....

Hi Vic: if you could post a picture or two of that vintage Omega I might be able to tell you a little about it. Why are you considering having it restored? Is it suffering from corrosion or pitting of the dial? Or is the case nicked up? You don't have to use Omega to have things like that fixed. You can PM or email me if you want a referral or two.

mrpinter:

Sorry, all I have is a cheap kodak digital that doesn't seem to do micro that well no matter how hard I try...

I think all it says is: Omega Automatic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/vic108/100_0507_zpse81c2db4.jpg

really just want the face and crystal looking good again...

I couldn't make out too much from the picture, but it looks like it might be a really nice watch. I like those old seconds sub-dials. A new replacement crystal is not that big a deal. If it needs a redial or a dial cleaning that is a bit more work.

Love old automatic watches, they just feel right on the wrist...

Would like to get it's face cleaned up AND a decent camera one of these days too!

:doh:

I just took possession of a box of Rolexes; on loan for me to photograph them for the owner - who is a vintage watch dealer and will put the pics up on his website when I deliver them. Here is one of the more interesting ones (and there are lots of great watches in the box: like solid gold Presidents, black dial Datejusts; an immaculate 1940s Bubbleback, and so on). This one is probably a pocket watch conversion, but it is a very good job:

this is a very attractive watch, with an engine turned dial, offset crown in the "driver's watch" position, and it's big at 45mm diameter.
Rolexdriverswatch1.jpg

and the movement
Rolexdriverswatchmvmt.jpg

very impressive watch. I just thought some of you might enjoy looking at it.

You certainly don't see something like that every day. Maybe more like once in a lifetime for a gump like me.

I know... I'm like a diabetic in the candy store. That one came out of this lot that I have for photographing:

boxorolexes1.jpg

mrpinter said:
Ha! Just get a better phone  :icon_smile:

I don't own a cell phone, i live in a dead zone. Drive two miles out of town or get on a boat and head to the inlet and you can get a signal! 

:icon_tongue:

I best it's nice country there. I live in just about the opposite environment: Los Angeles.

Back