Another Strat build

Badfinger

This was posted in various states in the 'just out of the box' area, thought I would put the finished product where it belongs.  Mahogany body, maple cap, mahogany neck, BRW fretboard.  The guitar has Seymour Duncan 'lil 59, Duckbucker and JB Jr. single-coil size humbuckers.  I wanted a Strat with the depth and warmness of a mahagony humbucker guitar, and I got it!  The bridge is Callaham, tuners Sperzel graduated tuners.

ice%20Blue%2023.jpg

ice%20Blue%2022.jpg

The inlay on the trem cover was done by Cliff at Shark Inlay, a tribute to (IMHO) one of the greatest and most influential albums of all time :headbang:

I like this guitar - though I'm curious if you feel the maple does anything for the tone and why you had it painted a solid color - not that I don't like solid paint jobs. It's just an unusual combo.

As crazy as I am about fancy wood, I really like this!!

I have been looking at a showcase strat for a long long time that was vintage white with a clear finished flame maple top.. I do like the contrast between solid and transparent finishes.

GoDrex said:
I like this guitar - though I'm curious if you feel the maple does anything for the tone and why you had it painted a solid color - not that I don't like solid paint jobs. It's just an unusual combo.

I don't think the maple has a significant impact on the tone since it is really thin, it may brighten it up a bit, but probably not noticeably.  I was going to just build an Ice Blue Metallic or Lake Placid Blue Strat, then I got the mahogany neck.  Having the natural mahogany neck match the back of the guitar body was an idea that came to me, so I gave it  a shot.  Its different, that is what I like about it.  And it rocks!

Badfinger said:
Having the natural mahogany neck match the back of the guitar body was an idea that came to me, so I gave it  a shot.  Its different, that is what I like about it.  And it rocks!
It's a great idea though.  Sweet contrast!  :headbang1:

Badfinger said:
This was posted in various states in the 'just out of the box' area, thought I would put the finished product where it belongs.  Mahogany body, maple cap, mahogany neck, BRW fretboard.  The guitar has Seymour Duncan 'lil 59, Duckbucker and JB Jr. single-coil size humbuckers.  I wanted a Strat with the depth and warmness of a mahagony humbucker guitar, and I got it!  The bridge is Callaham, tuners Sperzel graduated tuners.

ice%20Blue%2023.jpg

ice%20Blue%2022.jpg

The inlay on the trem cover was done by Cliff at Shark Inlay, a tribute to (IMHO) one of the greatest and most influential albums of all time :headbang:

That look great !!! Do you mind if I steal the photo of the back for my web-site?

Back