ANNOUNCEMENT: Gibson styled products

garrity said:
this guy in michigan is really good search ron luczak guitars

Is it a coincidence you are posting from Michigan?  Do you have any ties to this guy?

Sorry if I missed it but I'm on my phone reading the board and it's been a while since I've checked the boards. Is there going to be a new shape or are you guys just going to leave it be?

Lucky #007 said:
Sorry if I missed it but I'm on my phone reading the board and it's been a while since I've checked the boards. Is there going to be a new shape or are you guys just going to leave it be?

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21936.0

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21974.0

Ace Flibble said:
Tell that to the approximately 700 people who went to jail following IP infringement in 2012 in the US and EU.

???

Citation needed.  My understanding (in the US, anyway) IP (patents/trademark) is a civil matter, so any judgement would be monetary.  I'd really like to know more about anyone jailed for infringing IP rights anywhere, except perhaps in China.

There are efforts afoot to criminalize IP infringement in the US, specifically where folks steal digital media (pirate bay, that sort of thing).  I haven't tracked it very closely.  But if 700 people, or even a significant fraction of that quantity, went to jail in the US over illegal downloads, I'd be quite surprised.

Right. There have been some outrageous punishments - Joel Tannenbaum's $675,000 fine for downloading 30 files, and Jammie Thomas' $222,000 fine (reduced from $1.5M) for 24 files, among others - but nobody's gone to jail over it. In larger cases, such as the Samsung/Sony thing, or Blackberry v. [Somebody], the awards were much larger - well into many millions - and involved patents. Still, no jail. As has been pointed out, it's a civil matter, not criminal.

One recent RIAA case, someone did the math, and the RIAA lawyers were seeking damages  of XXXX per YYYY, which ended up being "more money than is calculated to exist in the entire world".

So, anybody see the new LP replacement?  I think it looks great!

RegalNecksandBodies.jpg

Tom P!  Long time no see! 

Gibson appears to have sent Warmoth a cease-and-desist letter to get them to stop making LP, SG, Explorer, etc. bodies and necks late last year, so Warmoth sold off all the stock, and have subsequently come up with some non-infringing variants.

Is that seven-string of yours in service, or is it still up on blocks in the yard?

Peace

Bagman

aizenx said:
So, anybody see the new LP replacement?  I think it looks great!

RegalNecksandBodies.jpg

Yep, I'm liking it too. Even better than the LP. That little curve in the upper horn (?) looks really nice. I haven't figured out the difference in the head yet though. haha!
MULLY

I went and took a closer look at the head. It has that "Batman" feel too it. Thumbs up from Japan.

Couldn't resist mentioning this

I don't have any pics but look up Aria Pro II PE (? insert number here) few different models. Its a LP copy but the headstock and body are an improvement over the original, you can also see were PRS got some of his ideas from.
matsumoku japan 1970sh.

cheekymunky said:
Couldn't resist mentioning this

I don't have any pics but look up Aria Pro II PE (? insert number here) few different models. Its a LP copy but the headstock and body are an improvement over the original, you can also see were PRS got some of his ideas from.
matsumoku japan 1970sh.
I've got the PE-600 which looks like this. Still one of my favorite guitars. The pickups are amazingly hot and the tone is sweet as can be, which I attribute to the bulky bridge!
AriaProIIPE-600.jpg

:guitarplayer2:

something interesting on the bay..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Warmoth-Gibson-style-SG-electric-guitar-body-NEW-unfinished-Swamp-Ash-NR-/181234256226?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2a32674962

Back