Amp Fund

Mr Real Nice

Hey, guys.  I wasn't going to start a thread for this, but I couldn't fit the code for the donate button to just slip it into my signature.  Basically, I'm back to part-time work during school (Berklee) and I reealllly need a new amp, so if anyone can toss a couple bucks in, I'd appreciate it.  I already picked out the amp; it's on lay-away at Guitar Center.  It's a Crate Palomino V3212.  I was a little skeptical about Crate, but I'm generally not the type to just exclude something based on its brand name.  It's all tube and sounds great to me and it was on clearance for $400.  Even 5 or 10 bucks would really help out.  If you can't afford shitee (like me) then thanks for reading and good luck to you too!

Edit:  Ok, I guess I can't post HTML.  I have a PayPal account under parachutemachine@gmail.com

I should probably mention that I only need about $200.  I already put $100 down and I can come up with another $100.  The other half will be more difficult.  :binkybaby:  Oh, and if you reply to this post with how much you've donated we can all keep track so that you know I'm not scamming anyone.

haha, have fun with that.  Believe me, begging isn't first on my list of fun things to do and if I end up with $0 from it, that's fine too.  I can always figure something out.  Hell, I almost had a gig this weekend playing for a 96 year-old's birthday party until the person calling me realized I didn't play bass. (Wrong Aaron).  :laughing7:

I donated 20 bucks...

Whatshisname_2006
that was me.

Good luck my friend.  :rock-on:

I'll be living on bread and water by the end of this month, I have nothing to spare I'm afraid. I may even be forced to sell a guitar to make ends meet  :(

JamesL said:
Has anyone else donated???? I can't be the only one!!!

While I appreciate the support, it really is totally fine if people don't donate.  I'm not gonna be offended.  That would be ridiculous.  I'm asking for a favor.  Favors don't imply responsibility.  I felt awkward even asking, so I'd rather not make a big deal out of any of this.  I really don't even care if you have a lot of money and still don't feel like donating.  You earned that money and you don't even know me.  If rich people gave money to people every time someone asked for it, they wouldn't be rich in the first place.  Seriously.  It's cool.  :glasses9: 

Wow, you really posted a picture...well played.
If I wasn't in the same boat as you, I would help out.
All musicians need a hand every now and again, and shouldn't be afraid to ask for it! Lots of people can't help out, but there are a few who can, and you will never find them if you don't ask.
Perhaps one day you will be in a position where you are making a lot of money with your craft, and you will be able to return the favour by passing some help on to somebody else who needs some gear.

Micahbell said:
Wow, you really posted a picture...well played.
If I wasn't in the same boat as you, I would help out.
All musicians need a hand every now and again, and shouldn't be afraid to ask for it! Lots of people can't help out, but there are a few who can, and you will never find them if you don't ask.
Perhaps one day you will be in a position where you are making a lot of money with your craft, and you will be able to return the favour by passing some help on to somebody else who needs some gear.

Hell yeah I posted a picture.  She's freaking cute.  :)  Thanks for the thoughts and I would most definitely help out whenever possible.  I mean, I'm not gonna throw money at a bum smoking a cigarette, but for those that are really trying to make it/get by -- they're the ones that deserve help.

I haven't even got a girlfriend, you should be sending me money.

Aww that's a nice picture. Cheers to having a girlfriend who likes the idea of you getting a new amp.  :hello2:

nathan a said:
Aww that's a nice picture. Cheers to having a girlfriend who likes the idea of you getting a new amp.  :hello2:

Any girlfriend that would discourage me from getting something important like an amp would not be my girlfriend.  I'm a freaking musician.  I need the tools required to be one. 

Back