Amp forums?

Mugician

Story first:

Craigslist. Today. I go on at 2:30 because I'm bored. Second post from top (Denver is super active) is a Mesa Boogie Studio .22 amp for $149. Has scratchy pots. Guy wants a phone number in the email replies to his ad. I email right away. Number and all.

Ten minutes ago, I checked my email. Nothing. No phone calls either. I'm getting super uneasy. I email the guy again. His email via craigslist is still active. I go onto craigslist a couple minutes later and the ad is gone.

Dude sold it without telling me. Never responded to my emails. I wanted that amp SO bad.

Anyway. I found a schematic of the amp and since I don't want to pay $600 for one off ebay in worse condition, I'd like to build one. Can someone point me in the direction of an amp building forum that's at least half as cool as this one?

Here ya go..

http://music-electronics-forum.com/f3/

I have found everyone on this forum do be very helpful and knowledgeable.

Good luck with you amp project. For additional schems and such check out..

http://www.schematicheaven.com/

http://www.ax84.com/  forum on this site as well.

Hey, thanks Alf,

I already have an itch to do one. You just may push me over the edge. I have been resisting for some time now. Having chassis hardware just starts to make it to easy...

I had a feeling you'd chime in with some good info.

Wow! 300th post.. that took forever!

COme on guys.  Theres been loads of talk on here recently with people wanting to build amps.

Max wants one, Wanna's gonna build one, Hannaugh's putting plans in place.  TT, you should def do one.

Hey, TT....

I know you like your pickups to have plenty of high end. Why not build an amp to bring out the best?

Considering how much of your tone is derived from pickups and amp choice, it seems to be a logical progression.  I can see how learning amps would influence your future pickup designs.

Max said:
Hey, TT....

I know you like your pickups to have plenty of high end. Why not build an amp to bring out the best?

Actually I've pulled back from the "high end" and concentrated on other aspects.

I did purchase an amp that is good for modding. Just step one toward building one. I have quite a bit on my plate at the moment.

I have stacks of pickups from experimentation, all is need now is stacks of components too. Concentrating on one thing right now but yes a nice amp would be a great progression.

I have a guitar project coming soon too...

Not to steal the thread, but the last few weeks i've been going to a local bar where guys just get up and jam together onstage, It's always a fun time, Several of these guys are playen TroubledTreble's pickups, I gotta tell ya, they sound great.

His patented design has a tone of punch, grit, whatever, but his new design is the shit. it can make a strat sound like a Big hollowbody guitar, if you closed your eyes and listed I swear its the stray cats. the guy playen his pups love em, and so does the crowd

These pups from TT are newer upgraded from what Tonar tested, these are truley a great sounding pup, and for a good price ( for now) wait till they get discovered the price will go up.  Someone buy a set, if you don't like em I will buy em from you, as I plan to buy some anyway

Back