Amber Dye Burst and Multiple Finishes

mjlee

Looking at examples of the Amber Dye finish, it looks like it's almost always a mild burst, with the edges slightly darker than the rest. Is that Warmoth's standard Amber Dye finish? Asking because the image shown under "Your Design" in the custom body builder doesn't show the darker edges.

Also - I notice many posts describe bodies with mutiple finishes, e.g. "Amber dye/dark brown burst over". Are these older custom orders which Warmoth no longer provides? Or DYI?

I've got an Amber Dye body that should be showing up around Tuesday of next week.  I'll get back to you on how it looks.  The pics in the showcase kind of show a slight "bursting" around the edges, but now sure how that will represent in person.

Sorry for the delay, but the body came in about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work yesterday.  Here is a good outside, under the sun shot of the Amber Dye.  Is it slightly bursted around the edges, but mine came with the same color (Amber Dye) back so I can't speak toward the other color combos you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Amber Dye Warmoth.jpg
    Amber Dye Warmoth.jpg
    827.4 KB · Views: 182
War_in_D said:
Sorry for the delay, but the body came in about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work yesterday.  Here is a good outside, under the sun shot of the Amber Dye.  Is it slightly bursted around the edges, but mine came with the same color (Amber Dye) back so I can't speak toward the other color combos you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

VERY Nice! Kinda looks like flames boiling up off of it........... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:

VERY Nice! Kinda looks like flames boiling up off of it........... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Now that you mention it.. it kinda does.  I was thinking it reminded me of a boat wake.. lol

War_in_D said:
PhilHill said:

Now that you mention it.. it kinda does.  I was thinking it reminded me of a boat wake.. lol

Your right it does look like a boat wake...what you would see if you know who had a speedboat.... :evil4:

Nice! I hadn't considered that it's the finish on the back that may require the mild burst on the top, so it's a smooth transition. Though I'm a little surprised yours has the burst, since the back is amber dye as well, and you have binding (or masked accent?) What's the core wood on yours?

mjlee said:
Nice! I hadn't considered that it's the finish on the back that may require the mild burst on the top, so it's a smooth transition. Though I'm a little surprised yours has the burst, since the back is amber dye as well, and you have binding (or masked accent?) What's the core wood on yours?

Core wood is Alder.. Chambered body as well.

mjlee said:
Looking at examples of the Amber Dye finish, it looks like it's almost always a mild burst, with the edges slightly darker than the rest. Is that Warmoth's standard Amber Dye finish? Asking because the image shown under "Your Design" in the custom body builder doesn't show the darker edges.

Also - I notice many posts describe bodies with mutiple finishes, e.g. "Amber dye/dark brown burst over". Are these older custom orders which Warmoth no longer provides? Or DYI?

If you do not want a burst, then you can add natural masked binding or a clean line, and then ask in the notes for there not to be a burst. Without one of those options, there has to be a burst. With a Trans Amber back the color difference will be slighter than if the back is Trans Brown or solid black.

War_in_D said:

Hope this helps.

yo my core temperature just went up like 5 degrees when this sexi mutha came upon my monitor. no need to start a campfire, just pack this beauty & when ur ready to make camp, pop it out and boom, cook some beanz over it cause it's fiyahhh (slang for fire)

Back